Boutique Thanksgiving Bird?

mph33

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Charlesgriet
I'm here in Metro atlanta. I'm looking for the best turkey there is. Something all natural and hasnt been preserved in salt solution. Last year, I got an all natural bird but it had brown spots all over the skin. It was absolutely ugly! Found out later what causes those brown spots... it's not a white turkey it's a brown or black feathered bird LOL

I don't mind having one shipped to me I just want to know what's the best turkeys out there.

If y'all haven't tried that Harvest dry brine by naturiffic it is absolutely fantastic. This is the third year in a row my family will get to experience it. We can't believe how delicious those birds are when using that that dry brine.

"Boutique"? Wish I could help you but I'm more of a "barbershop" than a "salon" guy. :grin:

TG turkey is more of a check box on a menu for me- not something I dream and scheme about. I like the idea of a whole turkey- once a year. (I do like to scarf up the bone- in breasts and do the Texas Style Turkey breasts routinely- I could eat that every couple of weeks)

Not particular about brand so much as the weight and that it's thoroughly thawed in the fridge.

The family expects a tasty turkey and that's what I aim to deliver... but I'm not flying diddly squat.

Hope your bird is all you hope for and your guests are well pleased.

$144 for a bird so stupid it will drown from looking up during a rain?
Not for me thanks.
Ed

I figure that makes it harder to raise than a smart animal. Do you have to run around with an umbrella every time it rains so the flock doesn't all die.

Back