Bourbon, Beans & Chili

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
I'm thinking double oak bourbon and fresh beans, cutting back on Tomato.
Link to Kentucky Chili

https://gardenandgun.com/recipe/bourbon-trail-chili/

Orange juice may sound weird at first, but I often marinate short ribs in a mix of OJ and Worcestershire. Even a long soak only provides a background note at best, can totally see the OJ here. Bourbon in chili. That would be new to me. Two shots of Tequila and often times a beer, bourbon -- Kentucky Chili

Ive had bourbon in chili ( if you want to call it that ) reminded me of Cinci Chili err...spaghetti.

I put bourbon in my chili, but not beans. Also add Baker's Chocolate. Not as weird as it sounds.

I put bourbon in my chili, but not beans. Also add Baker's Chocolate. Not as weird as it sounds.

I live on the Southern High Plains. I can see New Mexico from my front porch. Very familiar with the Mexican Chocolate in chili.

Never had Bourbon in Chili I do put in a can/bottle of beer-type pends what I have I like beans in my chili too Never tried Chocolate Guess I need too

It's not the same as Hershey's. Try shaving some off one of those chocolate bars that's like 80% cacao

Cocao powder is what I used in a chili recipe that called for chocolate. That was out of a Marlboro top 50 chili recipes book that has gotten lost since then.

Never had Bourbon in Chili I do put in a can/bottle of beer-type pends what I have I like beans in my chili too Never tried Chocolate Guess I need too
Like beer and beans in chili. Usually go with a stout and a 50/50 mix of kidney & black beans.

Don't make chili that often so when I do, make a big batch with plenty leftover to freeze. Have found I have to be careful with beer chili. In my experience you have to freeze any leftover at the end of day two. When I've let it go to day 3, it starts getting rank. Pretty sure it's something about the beer. Have made the same recipe with red wine instead of beer and it was fine day 3. There might be some science behind my observations but never bothered to look it up. Instead, just freeze end of day 2.

Never tried bourbon in chili. Something I don't care to experiment with. Would rather drink it while making the chili :biggrin1:

It's not the same as Hershey's. Try shaving some off one of those chocolate bars that's like 80% cacao
Love dark chocolate because the high test stuff isn't that sweet. Never tried in chili but something I'll consider.

I used to make a chili with Mexican chocolate and black beans.

Garden and Guns magazine. I know somebody who subscribes.
I always liked the sound of Guitar, Guns and Girls for a magazine title.

I use Baker's Chocolate in my chili, its the special ingredient.

Back