Book Review: The Flavor Bible (pics)

I picked the book up today. Unbelievable source of knowledge about what works and doesn't. Thanks so much for the great review and post. Great book!

I really appreciate your insights. Thanks for sharing this resource among the many other opinions, recipes and photos you provide. Great material for the old thinking cap.

Jeff

grabbed my copy also. The Wife and I were playing some kinda Jeopardy where we would randomly flip to a topic and try to match the bolds, cap bolds, cap* bolds. Turns out she won...

I got it last week & am a couple chapters in - fascinating stuff - really glad I got it & can't wait to start implementing the knowledge that is to be gained from it. The authors clearly have a serious love of cooking and eating. Thanks for letting us know about it!:clap2:

Patio,
Do you think it would work well for a kindle or should I just order the real book?

I don't have a Kindle, and I've never used one, so I don't really know.

Sorry,
John
No problem John. I know charts dont look great on it so I think I will just pick up a hard copy. Thanks for the find!

No problem John. I know charts dont look great on it so I think I will just pick up a hard copy. Thanks for the find!

The wife has the small kindle, but I ordered the bound copy. I think I chose wisely... The vast majority of the book is a reference book with typical reference book formatting, so I am not convinced it would work well on my Kindle. One of the great things about the Kindle IMO is that for "normal" books, you can resize and it works well. This book has a lot of formatting and side-bars that I fear would be hard to represent on the device. Just my 2 cents.

Back