THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tal/IL

Knows what a fatty is.
I’ve seen some posts about difficulty keeping Blackstone griddles in good shape when they live outside, and I have just discovered something that really eliminates problems – a silicone griddle mat.

I have a Blackstone that has lived year-round outside on the patio for several years. I just clean it, let it cool and throw the cover over it. That has always worked pretty well, but there is always some cleaning needed when I uncover it, and sometimes a little rust to clean off. I was in need of a new cover, so the wife ordered one and when it arrived I found she had also gotten a silicone griddle mat. This thing is great.

Now, I scrape and wipe the griddle, let it cool, throw this mat on it, and put the cover on. I’ve only had it a few weeks, but we’ve had some nasty rain storms, etc. and still, every time I uncover the griddle and take the mat off it is pristine; just like it was when I covered it, and it’s ready to cook with no fuss.

I don’t know what brand it is. I’m sure she got it off Amazon. If you Google “silicone griddle mat” you will find a bunch of places to get them. I recommend it.

IMG_4711[1].JPG

had one on mine all winter thru snowstorms and rain. gave the grill a good seasoning and coat of oil before putting the mat down and it went thru the entire winter unused. when i opened things up last week, aside from a few white mold spots on then sides, the grill ll was as you said, pristine.

btw, before anyone bust balls about not using it all winter.. i have a griddle plate made by "made in" for my gas stove. so im still griddlin. :)

Back