THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

80 gallon smokin

Full Fledged Farker
We decided to fire up the Charbroil Big Easy oiless Turkey fryer yesterday. Did not get to get pictures of a plate. We did a Boston butt and a chicken afterwards, for during the week. injected with Creole butter and seasoned the outside with Legnon's Cajun seasoning (from New Iberia). We also had roasted squash and zucchini, drizzled with olive oil and Cajun seasoning and roasted at 450. we had white beans and rice, beans were cooked with a ham bone!

i use metal skewers to hold the butt in the center of the basket and suspend the butt above the bottom of the cook chamber because it browns better.

20140914_1424131_zpse90089e0.jpg

20140914_1423211_zpsc36ad13a.jpg

rubbed with olive oil and seasoned outside. we prefer Legnon's boucherie to Tony"s because it has less salt.

injected both with Creole butter from Cajun injector
20140914_1427461_zpsd0e1ac27.jpg

cooked in the Big Easy to IT of 180 deg F, takes about 3 hours but boy is it worth it.
20140914_1434341_zps2350b630.jpg

fat caramelizes and taste like cracklins. i usually will stuff it with pickled cayenne peppers and garlic, adds another level of flavor
20140914_1826531_zps3e596068.jpg

cooked chicken to IT 175 deg, dinner during the week
20140914_2001231_zpsbba9ce22.jpg

thanks for looking!

Looks great, haven't used my Big Easy in awhile, have to get it going. It also makes the best baked potatoes.

Rub potatoes with oil (bacon grease supposed to be the best, haven't tried that) and sprinkle with coarse kosher or sea salt. Cook for about an hour. Now I want one...

This is the Legnon's seasoning we like. it has a lot less salt than tony's and has great flavor for anything.

20140915_064029_zpscad103cc.jpg

Great looking cooks! Wow! I've only done turkey in mine.

I love Tony's but it can be over salty at times. Next time I'm in Shreveport I'm gonna have to look for Legnon's.

Hey I noticed your Big Easy is very clean on the walls. Toast posted a picture a few weeks back of his and it looked the same.
Mine is darn near black. But I thought I read in the manual that you should oil it often causing the sides to turn black so it will cook better. To clean it just wipe it down with a dry cloth. Did I misread that or do you guys deep clean yours up after you cook on it.

Great looking cooks! Wow! I've only done turkey in mine.

I love Tony's but it can be over salty at times. Next time I'm in Shreveport I'm gonna have to look for Legnon's.

Hey I noticed your Big Easy is very clean on the walls. Toast posted a picture a few weeks back of his and it looked the same.
Mine is darn near black. But I thought I read in the manual that you should oil it often causing the sides to turn black so it will cook better. To clean it just wipe it down with a dry cloth. Did I misread that or do you guys deep clean yours up after you cook on it.

Mine hasn't turned black, although I've cooked on it less than 10 times. I use a stainless steel scrubber pad and knock the junk off it. Kind of has a tan tint right now.

Back