Best rubs available at Bass Pro?

snyper77

Full Fledged Farker
Mostly people use Yardbird on chicken and ribs but ive seen other people say its a good all purpose rub.

I used yardbird on chicken tonight and I used it on 2 pork shoulders yesterday. Both were great. Buy it, you'll be glad you did. I loves me some yardbird! I've never used it on beef, I personally wouldn't either

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I was just at the Bass Pro Shop in Denver today. The 14oz Plowboys were 9.99. Also picked up some Todd's Dirt. It was 4.99 for the 3.5 oz size.

I would buy:
Yardbird for chicken, pork.
Bovine bold for beef.

Just used yardbird for chicken wings tonight. I would get some. They have Todd's Dirt too. Haven't tried but some say it's good to.

Yardbird, bovine bold, and fin and feather are all must haves for me.

Never tried The Jerk b/c I'm not that into jamaican jerk, but I hear its good.

Last edited:
You can use yardbird on pork, chicken and beef. I've done briskets with it and they turn out great. Bovine bold is fantastic also on brisket, burgers, chuck roasts and I've used it on chicken and pork.

The three little pigs championship rub is great. I used it on my Pork Butts. I, unlike everyone else, am not as big of a fan of the Yardbird. I used it on some ribs and was not impressed. I think I have to give it a second chance at some point in time, but for now I like the three little pigs stuff.

Please excuse the dumb question, but which rub should I use on chicken, boston butt, ribs, brisket, beef roast, and pork loin?
I really don't want to use "one" rub on all of it because it tends to taste the same.
Thanks!

Yardbird works great on chicken, turkey, and pork.
BOvine bold works great on beef.

These rubs were one of the game changers in my learning of Q and the family enjoying it.

Back