THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I buy chicken leg quarters with back attached for $.68 a lb . whole chickens @$.98 lb when they are on sale.....throw them in a 15 quart stock pot; cover with water and let them simmer on the back of the stove for a few hours. I pick the bones out, ladle 2 cups of broth in his water bowl and mix the "pulled" meat with his kibble. It last's over a week and fuzz face loves it!

^ That's a great idea! I know he loves broth from giving him some from what I make for our cooking but I've never thought of making broth just for him. That's a cheap way to give him treats that are actually food. Thanks, brother.

I've only made chicken jerky for him once, I used breast meat like the dog treat companies do. Using legs with backs attached would be smarter, cheaper and more flavourful, and I could save the bones and make broth. This just gets better, thank you again. :thumb:

Back