Backwoods Fatboy cart design and build - yes, another one

Good thing you plan to keep it on the concrete. I used my Gater this past weekend at the Smokey Point BBQ comp and they had us set up in a $hithole gravel lot and I'm thankful I put 10" casters on it!

I could pretty quickly change casters on it, but if I do competitions I might just put it on a small trailer. We'll see if I get to that point.

Heck yeah! You'll need air brakes on that thing......

Watering setup needs a few adjustments but seems to work well.

Waterer-01096_zpsc70b504b.jpg

Waterer-01097_zpsfc973d37.jpg

Looks Awesome, do you have any pics of the full cart finished with shelf and everything?

Well made cart.
I was happy until I saw that brass female T made in China!
Love the powder coating on it too!

Looks Awesome, do you have any pics of the full cart finished with shelf and everything?

Almost done. I've got the upper shelves but am still having an ash pan made for the bottom. Hard to describe but I should have pics in a week or two.

Here it is as it stands now, minus Guru and water tank:

SmokerCart-01170_zps4ff1d93b.jpg

Well made cart.
I was happy until I saw that brass female T made in China!

Me too. I tried to have everything on the cart made in the USA, even the casters and bottle opener. But try as I could, none of the plumbing items are made in the USA. That is the stock ball valve but I couldn't find any domestic manufactured ones. Pretty sad that you can't find domestic plumbing parts even if you want to pay more for them.

And, unfortunately, I'm guessing all of the raw steel is from China as well.

The stainless funnel is made in Germany.

Me too. I tried to have everything on the cart made in the USA, even the casters and bottle opener. But try as I could, none of the plumbing items are made in the USA. That is the stock ball valve but I couldn't find any domestic manufactured ones. Pretty sad that you can't find domestic plumbing parts even if you want to pay more for them.

And, unfortunately, I'm guessing all of the raw steel is from China as well.

The stainless funnel is made in Germany.
Don't sweat it.
That Dixie, LA Fatboy is American!
---
Really, really nice cart.

Back