THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wager

Full Fledged Farker
For those that are considering a new smoker or grill and customer service is a priority I would highly recommend Assassin as an option. A neighbor of mine has been looking at smokers for a while and decided to go with an Assassin gravity feed after considering all of the usual suspects. He took delivery a week or so ago and has done two cooks on it. He found that the top corner of the smoker got very hot and called to ask about it. The owner answered and after talking about it suspected that the insulation didn’t get into the corner. To fix the problem they are now going to ship a larger smoker, free of charge, and pay shipping on the current unit to return it. I’m stunned that they are going so above and beyond to correct the problem. If I’m ever in the market for another smoker or grill I’m going straight to Assassin after how they have handled this. Customer service at its very best.

This does not surprise me.

I've got an Assassin 48 grill/smoker on order. I have talked with the owner Jeff numerous times. He has always been patient, helpful and courteous with my many questions. He even accepted a last minute addition to my order with no hassle or difficulty.

Even when I was trying to choose a color, Rachel was super helpful and rather than simply telling me to "go look at the pics on facebook" (which she rightfully could have done), she took the time to help me narrow it down and send me individual pics.

They have definitely have earned me as a customer when it comes time to purchase my first gravity fed smoker.

Jeff is over the top on customer service and quality , I am proud to say I own 3 of his smokers. I have three other smokers which are jambo clones and Jeff's smokers are first to the comps. Keep up the good work Jeff.

For those that are considering a new smoker or grill and customer service is a priority I would highly recommend Assassin as an option. A neighbor of mine has been looking at smokers for a while and decided to go with an Assassin gravity feed after considering all of the usual suspects. He took delivery a week or so ago and has done two cooks on it. He found that the top corner of the smoker got very hot and called to ask about it. The owner answered and after talking about it suspected that the insulation didn’t get into the corner. To fix the problem they are now going to ship a larger smoker, free of charge, and pay shipping on the current unit to return it. I’m stunned that they are going so above and beyond to correct the problem. If I’m ever in the market for another smoker or grill I’m going straight to Assassin after how they have handled this. Customer service at its very best.

You could always just hold onto the smoker, and I'll take it on a journey across NC to a new home. I'm sure I can look past the top corner :grin:

I will second this. Just ordered a pellet smoker from them and Rachel was great to work with and made the process very smooth. Only 3 more weeks until arrival if not sooner.

You could always just hold onto the smoker, and I'll take it on a journey across NC to a new home. I'm sure I can look past the top corner :grin:

That would be up to my neighbor and the owner of Assassin. Not sure what the guys at Assassin have planned for it but I could ask if you are serious?

I have a 48 grill/smoker and I agree Jeff and Rachel were great to work with. When I decide to buy another cooker, Assassin will be my first choice.

If I had not already ordered a PG500 (delivery tomorrow) I would have considered their pellet smoker for sure. Seems like a good company and I like the look of the build quality.

I'd appreciate it if y'all could keep Assassin off the front page. I am trying desperately to hold my wallet closed. If I can ever decide between their 48' grill and the pellet smoker, I might be in trouble.

I'd appreciate it if y'all could keep Assassin off the front page. I am trying desperately to hold my wallet closed. If I can ever decide between their 48' grill and the pellet smoker, I might be in trouble.

Well I will have my pellet smoker in about 2 weeks. May get a 48” later on.

Well I will have my pellet smoker in about 2 weeks. May get a 48” later on.

I would love to see a thorough review. On paper, I feel comfortable standing it up against the yoder. There are a few significant differences, but on size and quality of build they are similar enough. I think yoder has a more interesting burn pot and the ability to sear where as the assassin is massive, and that door design is brilliant.

But there are not really any thorough reviews. Chef Tom at atbbq is basically my roommate from the volume of videos I've watched. I need that from Assassin too!

I'd go for the 48 footer over the pellet pooper for sure.

Back