Anyone try using a AMNPS in the PBC or other UDS?

worktogthr

Full Fledged Farker
The other day I was smoking some sausage in my electric and put more pellets than I needed into the AMNPS. Wanted to cut the smoke on the sausage after about 4 hours, so I pulled out the AMNPS tray and put the hot, burning pellets into the first place that I didn't care if the ash came out, my PBC. I closed the lid, but the rebar were inside the barrel since I wasn't using it. I came back out an hour or so later and there was some beautiful sweet TBS coming out of the rebar holes. I let it go for about another half hour and then decided to experiment by putting the rebar in. When I check the next morning, there were still some pellets that never burned which led me to believe that with the rebar in, there was not enough airflow.

The reason I was wondering if anyone had tried this is because I could definitely see myself using the PBC for cold smoking in the future. My only doubt is that since the pellets were going so well in the electric, they were able to maintain smoke production in the PBC. I'll have to start in the PBC and see if it works. Just curious if anyone has tried it.

Back