Any great smoking books for a christmas present?

SweetHeatBBQnSC

is One Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Joedy
I am about to start making a Christmas List for myself. I was wondering if anyone here has read any excellent books on smoking? I know Myron Mixon has a few out and I think Tuffy Stone has a few, but has anyone read ones that are worth the money and getting for Christmas? Thanks for any help.

Peace Love and BBQ by Mike Mills is my all time favorite.

Any of Dr. BBQ's (Ray Lampe) books

The operation BBQ Relief cook book

The new book from Diva Q (Danielle Bennett)

Smoke and Spice

Any of Franklin's books.

If you are going to order from Amazon, please use the BBQ Brethren affiliate link. We get a few pennies, but it all helps! The link is in the top blue menu bar, at the right side.

I'll second the shout out for "Peace, Love and BBQ", Mike Mills

While not BBQ/Smoking, "On Food and Cooking, The Science and Lore of the Kitchen" by Harold McGee is a great reference. Kind of a food science for dummies.

Another vote for Franklin's Smoke Manifesto. Does the best job of walking the reader through the process and not just dumping in 100 recipes with 10 pages of process.

I would encourage people to look at 'Meat' by Pat Lafrieda. Great insight into the many cuts and how they cook.

Also, 'The Prophets of Smoke' by Daniel Vaughn. BBQ lover travels all over Texas eating great Q and telling their stories.

Not exactly a smoking-based cookbook, but many of the recipes can be cooked in a smoker, and come out great when done so: Kent Rollins A Taste of Cowboy

Franklin, A Meat-Smoking Manifesto; Smoke and Spice- Cheryl and Bill Jamison; tangentially related: Bourbon & Bacon- Morgan Murphy; and Charcuterie- Michael Ruhlman & Brian Polcyn.

Franklin Barbecue- A meat Smoking Manifesto.

This book drove me to purchase a stick burner.
It rekindled my joy of cooking BBQ.
I finally got the results I was pursuing with all those other "just as good as" smokers.

Back