Any good BBQ on TV coming up?

M

moonlight

I recently caught the tail end of a show called "The BBQ Circuit" on the Cooking Channel which followed a few teams around the Jack Daniels Invitational. Not great but I pretty much enjoy any BBQ competition related TV I can find. I didn't catch what year it was filmed but it looked old.

Also enjoyed "Best in Smoke" on the Food Network last month and, of course, "Pitmasters" before that.

Does anyone know of any BBQ shows airing anytime soon to keep an eye out for? Either new or reruns of old shows.

There is a show starting Sunday morning at 11am ET on the food network called "Bobby Flay's Barbecue Addiction" that I set my DVR to catch for me...

BBQ Addiction is a typical Bobby Flay cooking show. He BBQs and grills. It looks like he's doing a regional thing. The first episode was the Pacific Northwest, he made smoked salmon and cheeseburgers with a merlot BBQ sauce. Last weeks episode was about Napa Valley.

Good show, though. I'll watch most anything Bobby Flay turns out.

I've seen the Bobby Flay show. Seems like the focus is shifting more to the equipment (and a variety) than the food as compared to his other grilling show.

Emiril Live is doing kitchen smoking on the cooking channel right now.

He's fixinto smoke some ribs on the stove.

There is a show starting Sunday morning at 11am ET on the food network called "Bobby Flay's Barbecue Addiction" that I set my DVR to catch for me...

The 1st episode was good but the 2nd one kind of disappointing

I have been following a guy on youtube also. He is going around to different events, and recording what it is like a BBQ competition. The guy is really funny as well.
http://www.youtube.com/user/KriegerMachineWorks

Check it out.. he has done about 10 different episodes now.

+1 for this guy. I just saw that he's a member of the Brethren now, YokeUp is his name. I love his videos, good stuff.

Make sure to watch more than the 1st episode. The first episode is kinda just him talking about what he's going to be doing in the upcoming episodes. It gets better as he gets going.

+1 for this guy. I just saw that he's a member of the Brethren now, YokeUp is his name. I love his videos, good stuff.

Make sure to watch more than the 1st episode. The first episode is kinda just him talking about what he's going to be doing in the upcoming episodes. It gets better as he gets going.

Just checked this out! Looks like a ton of fun!

BBQ Circuit was from 2004. BBQ Bootcamp follows a couple thru the Steven Reichlen's BBQ training class. I DVR as many food network and cooking channel shows as I can that mention BBQ. After I watch most of them I cannot wait to delete them. Very little real BBQ going on or any valuable information to gain from them.

Back