Another 2 Hour Rib Cook

robert-r

is Blowin Smoke!
Rotisserie, of course. And actually 2 1/4 hour (I lied... then again, maybe not - if I round off time to the nearest whole hour).

A little freezer diving came up with a rack of SLRs and a fond memory of Root Beer - Bourbon Glazed Ribs.

The rack was rubbed with a mix of light brown sugar, k salt, homemade chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, cumin, black pepper, ground allspice and mustard powder. Let sit for an hour at room temp before cooking.

Cooked in the 18.5 over Weber briquettes and small splits of apple in the Hunsaker fire basket clone. Temps around 300*.

Ribs had been glazed several times with a heat reduced mix of root beer, bourbon, light brown sugar, cinnamon stick (removed), bay leaf (removed), cider vinegar, Mexican vanilla extract, k salt, grated orange zest and hot sauce (Yucatan Sunshine). Pulled at the 2 1/4 hour mark.

6LHqjTp.jpg

NF5GkPW.jpg

The sides were ready.

HzfPzAN.jpg

Glazed (again) and rested the ribs for 10 minutes (under foil), then sliced and drizzled with the juice from Valencia orange segments.

EUrZXHO.jpg

Plated with the World's Best Potato Salad (that only my wife can make). Time To Eat!!!

8tLTkVZ.jpg

Oh.... were these ever good!

fwiw - this is a Jamie Purviance recipe.

Nice! :thumb:

I've never tried cooking ribs on the roti......might have to spin a rack or two this coming weekend. :-D

2 hours? How is the tenderness? I can’t imagine it to be in two hours unless it’s pressure cooked.

Ribs look amazing Robert, not fair to show us the worlds best potato salad only your wife can make. Guess we will all have to show up to your place to enjoy some.:razz:

I've cooked a lot of ribs hot and fast (350) on my BGE, and they were done nice and tender in 2 hours and change.

Ditto on my performer. I usually do full racks of spares (b/c I suck massively at trimming to STL) and do not foil. I get them done in under 3 hrs. Usually read for sauce/glaze (decent pullback and a bit of cracking on the bark) right at 2hrs and then however long that takes to set to finish them off.

Back