THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CakeM1x

is Blowin Smoke!
Wifey had a her bi-weekly 14 hour day (board meetings every other Wed after school,dumb) so I decided to have dinner all ready to go when she got home. I decided to do an ahi-tuna salad which she frequently orders when she goes out to eat. Plus it is somethign I could pre-assemble minus the dressing and have ready to go when she gets home late and just wants to goto bed. Seared ahi tuna with a sous vided egg at 145 for an hour and sliced in half. The rest of it was edamem peas, cucumber, green onions, carrots, and avacado topped with a wasabi vinigrette. She loved it.

21049952152_dfd2ff1563_b.jpg

We also had her parents over Saturday night for some pizzas. Everyone got to pick a pie (except me:sad:).
pepperoni/Sausage(her dad)
pepperoni,olives, red onion, mushrooms(her mom)
margherita (wifey)

Got the weber gasser on high with a bakerstone to 550-600 floor/dome and began firing the pies. I cheated and used parchment paper for the first time which allowed us to get them all made and ready to go which was nice. They turned out very good, need to get a big rack to sit them on so the crust stays crunchier. Only have a couple more pizza sauces in the freezer..the romas almost ready to be picked in the garden fate has been decided.

20872036468_056631f450_b.jpg

Thanks for lookin'! Sorry no prep pics but busy getting the food a goin when people are around.

Uh, what is that stuff above the pics of the pizza?

Is that a new type of beef?

How long did you smoke it for?

Are those green things garnish?

Wasabi Vinaigrette
1 teaspoon wasabi paste
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon mirin
1 teaspoon grated ginger

Also did a spicy mayo of mayo+sriracha on the side.

Wasabi Vinaigrette
1 teaspoon wasabi paste
2 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon mirin
1 teaspoon grated ginger

Thanks...

Wasabi Vinaigrette
1 teaspoon wasabi paste
2 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon mirin
1 teaspoon grated ginger

Also did a spicy mayo of mayo+sriracha on the side.

That sounds awesome. I think if I did it I'd use a bit of sesame oil in addition to the oil. Love those flavors together!

Thanks for sharing! I've got some Tuna steaks in the freezer, will have to make that sometime soon!

Back