A Smoker, a grill, and Mom's Day, Oh my! (Lots O Pr0n)

BigButzBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
One thing that is mandatory, when it comes to Mother's day, there has got to be some good food being made. The other thing that seems to becoming mandatory is that I am required to make Smoked Scotch Eggs for the big family Mother's Day Brunch.
This time, instead of having some preseasoned ground pork, all I had was some regular ground pork that my BIL gave me. So I worked with it.
001.jpg

002.jpg

Since the pork wasn't seasoned I rolled the eggs in some rub to begin with.
003.jpg

Then I flattened out a quarter pound of the pork and added the egg.
004.jpg

005.jpg

Meanwhile, got a chimney load going and got the UDS ready with some apple wood.
007-2.jpg

009-4.jpg

Once the UDS was blowing blue, the Scotch Eggs got the rub down, and then on they went.
014.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

Now, I could have just left it at Scotch Eggs but, I decided to make some Heart Stoppers while I was at it.
019-3.jpg

022-4.jpg

023-4.jpg

025-3.jpg

024-2.jpg

032.jpg

While those were finishing up, off came the eggs to get sliced up.
029.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

Then it was time to head to brunch!
033.jpg

Yep, they were met with rave reviews and 32 Smoked Scotch Egg quarters were destroyed within 5 minutes of arriving.

Then it was time to get ready for some stuff for dinner. The Smoker got rolling again and I added some Hickory to the mix.
027-1.jpg

I happened to find a Pork Loin thing on sale and figured it was worth throwing on the smoker.
034-2.jpg

Then there just happened to be some Meatballs and Bacon in the fridge. So... MOINK!
035-1.jpg

Everything went on.
038.jpg

037-2.jpg

At the same time, dinner quickly became a mass feeding at the In-laws house and I said I would do grill duty. The only problem was the running back and forth between the smoker at my house and the grill at theirs but, my lovely wife stepped in and took over the grilling duties.
045.jpg

The MOINK came of and quickly vanished....
043.jpg

The burgers were being handled with supreme care.
048-3.jpg

She really isn't a fan of getting her picture taken at times. :heh:
046-1.jpg

The burgers and brats hit the table along with some ho dogs.
050.jpg

Then it was time for the pork loin to make it's debut.
051.jpg
053.jpg

055.jpg

054.jpg

Honestly this was one of the moistest most tender pork loins I've ever had but, the flavor profile they infused it with was very very strong. I kept tasting it for a couple of hours after eating it and was rather irritated by that.
Overall though, it was a great Mother's Day filled with family fun and spectacular food.

Are you around Hayward? Cuze I'll be there in a week or two. Dang that's a fine lookin spread, and what's a HO dog anyway?:thumb:

An awesome day, Tom. Looks like your wife's a keeper. ;)
Heck yeah! After all, she some how manages to tolerate all of my crap

Are you around Hayward? Cuze I'll be there in a week or two. Dang that's a fine lookin spread, and what's a HO dog anyway?:thumb:
I'm about 16 minutes west of Spooner. Let me know when you're in the area and we can probably schedule some sort of a meat up. :becky:

A Ho dog, is a hot dog that is so cheap it is willing to pimp itself out for the lowest price possible. Not the most tasty things but, when it comes to feeding a bunch of kids, they'll work.

Honestly this was one of the moistest most tender pork loins I've ever had but, the flavor profile they infused it with was very very strong. I kept tasting it for a couple of hours after eating it and was rather irritated by that.
Did you notice that the pork loin contained up to 30% of the "patented" solution? That is some serious brine.

Outstanding meal and thanks for taking time to post it up!

Back