A little Grace, ya' Jerk! - w/ Pr0n

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Marc
Happy Saturday evening, pholks.

Family just crushed a bowl each of modified budae jjigae with less variety of meats (but Conecuh Hickory-Smoked Sausage) but plenty of good kimchi, red onion, garlic, etc. No baked beans. Yes to the American Cheeeeeze slice.

Time to get Sunday Night dinner marinating in the fridge. (I have WAY too much Jerk marinade... or so we discovered over the past week, while re-arranging/cleaning-out the fridge).

APwJ4cPl.jpg

Package of 8 chicken thighs from the DoD Commissary... reasonable price.

5 thighs in the Mild.
3 thighs in the Hot.

Vortex with mesquite wood charcoal just raring to get blazin' hot in the 26er.

Hoping to follow in Marty's general line of advance on the subject.

No plantains about, but I wonder if some thinly sliced banana would "play nicely" in the air fryer.

More to follow.

The bird on the grill
f7daofQl.jpg

Mango Salsa
G4BxZLwl.jpg

Kid's Plate
cJzzpQ4l.jpg

Adult's Plate
pcGhztgl.jpg

Fried plantains were excellent, Marty. Bosslady smashed the slices a bit about half-way through the frying. Great texture and really nice flavor.

Coconut rice is really nice and light. Apparently, the coconut water that CINCHOUSE chose has a slight pink tinge... that carried over to the rice on the plate. A bit strange.

It's been a long while since I cooked Jerk... anything! Still have an unreasonable amount of Grace and Walkerswood in the fridge. I see more of the flavors ahead in the near term.

Y'all have a great week!

My kind of meal right there! I love jerk seasoning. I did some jerk oxtail a couple of weeks ago when the wife was away for work. She won't touch it. That chicken looks perfect and that salad is a beauty!

How's the Grace compared to Walkerswood or Busha Browne? Can only find Walkerswood around here.

How's the Grace compared to Walkerswood or Busha Browne? Can only find Walkerswood around here.

I've never seen the Busha Browne...

I'm pretty agnostic between the Grace / Walkerswood. That said, my 6 yr old has a higher percentage history of eating her chicken if I use the Grace Mild vs. the Walkerswood with the same basic preparation/serving size. :noidea:

I haven't found Busha Browne locally either, but have heard it's very similar to Walkerswood. So it sounds like all the commercial Jerk seasonings may basically be the same.

Back