72 Hour pizza dough

BBQ Bacon

is One Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Dean
Had some more sourdough castoff, so decided to try the 72 hour pizza dough. Turned out pretty well. The dough was easier to handle and stretch the other pizza doughs I have used.

72-Hour-Pizza-Dough-2.jpg

After the rise

72-Hour-Pizza-Dough-4.jpg

It was split into 4 balls. We froze 3 and the fourth we split into 3 and made personal pan Margherita pizzas.

72-Hour-Pizza-Dough-1.jpg

For something different, I threw some mozza into the bottom of the cast iron pans.

Margherita-Pizza-3.jpg

The cheese on the bottom while delicious, didn't really stick well to the dough. It was tasty and crispy for sure.

Margherita-Pizza-1.jpg

If interested in the recipe, check here: https://bakingsteel.com/blogs/news/72-hour-pizza-dough

I've found 72 hours is the sweet spot for pizza dough. I'll usually make dough to produce 4 x 290g balls. Two pizzas the first night and then two dough balls into the garage frig for 72 hours.

Sounds interesting. I have gravitated to 100% biga dough that takes 16-18 hour of cold ferment (bulk) followed by 2-3 hours cold ferment (balled) and then room temp. ferment until doubled in size. I find this more amenable for when you want your pie tomorrow (which is most times for me0.
BTW, did you form the cornice in that shape or did that just happen?

I used to do long hold times but have settled on 48 hour dough for our wants and timeframes. Cold ferment sure does taste better than same day countertop fermenting to me (neo and ny type)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sounds interesting. I have gravitated to 100% biga dough that takes 16-18 hour of cold ferment (bulk) followed by 2-3 hours cold ferment (balled) and then room temp. ferment until doubled in size. I find this more amenable for when you want your pie tomorrow (which is most times for me0.
BTW, did you form the cornice in that shape or did that just happen?

Just happened.

I can't imagine the anticipation of having to wait 72 hours for pizza goodness, but it looks like it was worth the wait. Very nice!

Back