5-Course BBQ Dinner with over Twenty Different Types of Beers Used!

K

kinkothecarp

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I hosted an amazing five-course BBQ at my brewery/restaurant today using some of the ideas I’ve found here. The dinner was $250 per person for the courses, and the funds were donated to a number of charity organizations. Each recipe was created with a beer in mind, and each was served with a different beer (meaning 24+ different beers were used in preparation for this dinner – each dish also had a side). Most of the beers for this dinner were brewed just for this dinner so many of them do not have names. If you know your beers, you’d know some of these guys aged for 2-3 years. Anyway, 125 people came, and it was a success. Keep in mind each BBQ sauce was homemade, as well as the mustards, and everything was made sustainable and organically (we even raised the geese!). The clients also were given the option to try the beer which was used to cook the dishes after the dinner and then we had a beer tasting for the rest (which over 200 people came to!). I’ve posted the menu, PM me for recipe requests.

Course 1: Grilled Truffled Mushroom Pheasant with Amber Ale Texas Mop Sauce
Side: Grilled Brie, Goat Cheese, and Pine Nut Stuffed Pablamo Peppers with Rare Vos Trippel Belgian Mustard BBQ Dressing
Pairing: 2008/2009 American Oak Aged Heerliijk Peach and Cherry Gauze

Course 2: Smoked and Grilled Belgian Boudin Blanc Sausage with Alabama White Wit Sauce
Side: Nine-Cheese Smoked Hefewiezen Foie Gras Mac’n’Cheese
Pairing: Sour Kentucky Common Ale

Course 3: Blueberry Porter Grilled Goose Breast with 12-Spice Memphis Dry-Rub
Side: 12-Hour Goose Leg Confit with Lexington Dip Belgian Dubbel Sauce
Pairing: English Barleywine

Course 4: BBQ Ribs Five Different Ways - Boiled, Smoked, Broiled, Grilled, and Confit Ribs with Savory Oaked Imperial Stout Dark Chocolate Espresso BBQ Sauce, Scottish 80 Shillings Ale Texas Sauce, Scottish Wee Heavy Ale Kansas Sauce, Hopped Tennessee Dry Rub, and Garlic BBQ Sauce.
Side Dish: Sour Flander’s Red Lobster and Shrimp Coleslaw
Pairing: American Pale Ale

Course 5: Cherry Kriek Basted Slider
Side Dish: Deconstructed Double-Baked Potato with Deconstructed Bock Butter
Pairing: Double IPA

Dessert: IPA Cheesecake with Scottish Ale Crust and Imperial Red Ale Malt Syrup and Whiskey-Poached Cherry
Pairing: 2006 Alumnus Espresso Imperial Stout

I think I just popped a &%#* @ without pr0n. Wow! I'm a HUGE craft brew fan. If you can say, what's the name of your brewery?

Wow! Id love to see pics/ hear more about this.. Where in Colorado did this take place?

It was a charity event raising money for college scholarships to people who come form under-served school districts.

If anyone wants recipes for the BBQ or the Beer let me know :)

Back