1st Competition in the Books. Got a Call. (Pics)

Man, those UDS's in the background sure do look great! Haha, this is Joey from the OnsiteRIBS team. I'm getting ready to post some pics from this weekend too. I just heard that they are likely not doing another Smokin' Pork n' Butts since the turnout was so poor. We just sent in our registration for the comp at Berneau (sp?). I think you said you will be there, so hopefully we can hang out again. Congrats from a fellow competition-virgin on your results!

Hey Joey. Funny to run into you here. Actually those UDS were not that impressive in my opinion :). I've been looking into building one since Saturday. Will see how that turns out. Hopefully they will do another Pork n Butts next year. The weather that pounds them every event may be taking its toll on teams coming out and also the crowd on Saturday was tiny.

We are already signed up for Brenau. That is only about 20mins from where we live. I can't wait. They are saying an estimated 6,000 people on Saturday. I may need to make an UDS by then to have enough food to hand out.

Congrats on your shoulder 4th place and on your ribs 5th place. I guess we will have to do a better job of sabotaging next time sine you all beat us in both. But getting a call the first time out was awesome. Great to be next to another team like you all. Catch you guys at Brenau. Get ready for a smackdown!

Brenau. For the most part, mostly the same judges. 50% or more of the judges are from Milledgeville...

Jackson has had terribly bad luck with the weather... I hope they have it again next year. We lost a really good one in Stone Mountain and another one in Macon.

If you're getting comfy with it and want to beat Bubba (Lonnie) or Dixie Q or the others, y'all sign up with Deep Roots Festival (October, in Milledgeville). Tends to be great weather; competitors on asphalt vs. grass, and 7000+ folks attending, good bands, lots of craft vendors, etc. We will be competing there.

It'll be nice to have a brethren showing.

Back