Contest Announcment Central Maryland Swinetastic BBQ Festival, Frederick, MD - June 17 & 18, 2011

Just Smokin' Around

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
This contest is June 17th and 18th.

The website is up with the basic information and forms for competing and judging. The site is still being developed as information and events mature. While the entry form doesn't specificly say Early Bird Discount, if your entry is post marked March 31, 2011 or earlier, basic entry fee is $200 instead of $225. State Championship recognition is in the works.

http://www.swinetasticbbq.com/index.html

The Payouts are:
$7700 Total

GRAND CHAMPION - $2000
RESERVE GRAND CHAMPION - $1000
Pork Ribs, Pork Butt, Chicken, Beef Brisket
1st Place - $500 & Trophy
2nd Place - $300 & Trophy
3rd Place - $200 & Trophy
4th Place - $100 & Trophy
5th Place - $50 & Trophy

My sister lives up near this one, I think we will give it a try.

Great!

That's a half hour from where I work. If they get the State Championship designation I'm definitely in.

Brett

The organizer has updated the entry form for the early bird discount. The website has been updated with information and forms for competing, vending and judging.

This contest is now a Maryland State Championship. There are 30 teams registered, so it's definitely a Jack Qualifier.

The Early Bird Discount expires Thursday, 3/31

The team limit has been set at 48 teams. 6 spots left!! Get your entry in soon if you want in.

There is a list of registered teams on the Team Info page of the Swinetastic website, and what a list it is. WOW - many of the Mid Atlantic's finest! This is going to be one good competition. Now, we just need the weather to cooperate.

Last edited:
The team limit has been set at 48 teams. 6 spots left!! Get your entry in soon if you want in.

There is a list of registered teams on the Team Info page of the Swinetastic website, and what a list it is. WOW - many of the Mid Atlantic's finest! This is going to be one good competition. Now, we just need the weather to cooperate.

your right, that is a list of some great teams...I wonder If I can sell my spot to avoid a severe beating!

your right, that is a list of some great teams...I wonder If I can sell my spot to avoid a severe beating!

PLEEEZEEEE, dont even go down that path. We all know the true story, and you are also teaching a class later this year. So there's no reason for you to think about backing out now.................

BTW where do I sign up for the class?????????????

Hey Swinetastic Teams!

The organizers of Swinetastic asked me to post that we will have Royal Oak Chef's Select Briquets in 40 lbs bags ($17.00) and Royal Oak Lump in 18 lbs bags ($13.00) for sale at the competition beginning Thursday evening.

Also, I'll be bringing a pile of Sauces and Rubs from the store and miscellaneous BBQ supply stuff. Will also have a bunch of smokers out - BW Chubby and Party (maybe Fatboy), MC TS and PR models, etc.

See you at the competition.

- Eric

Mason-Dixon BBQ Services
In the heart of BBQ Season - WooHoo!

I waited to long to get in on this one, when I went to sign up they said they were full :(

Back