ಚಿಕನ್
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 03-29-2011, 11:38 AM   #46
timzcardz
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

PHIL,

See my follow-up PM to you.
Weber Genesis Silver x 2
Weber One Touch Gold
Weber Performer x 2
Weber Smokey Joe
Bottle of Absolut
Bottle of Beer
Everything Ripken, "Cards and Que. One tastes of cardboard, the other sweet blue." ©
timzcardz is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-29-2011, 12:57 PM   #47
Westexbbq
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33 View Post
still working on it and have some VERY good prospects. Checked one out today. 5 acre patch of grass.. no electric or bathrooms, no gate but they have water.

they want $5000.00 a day. (yes, FIVE THOUSAND).

WTF
You talking to Max Yasgur??????

Hope some of those other prospects turn out.
Let us know if we can assist.
Texas International Pop Festival, Labor Day 1969.
IMBAS Certified.
Just roll me up and smoke me when I die.
Always remember, no matter where ya go,
there you are.
I wanna tell you 'bout Texas radio and the big beat.
Someday, I hope to visit Penelope.
Hondo Crouch, Famous Late Mayor of Lunkenbach, Texas who advocated a 'dillo diet: "You can eat nothing but armadillos for a month, but you will have to run down and catch all the armadillos you eat and it can really take the weight off!"

Westexbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-29-2011, 01:13 PM   #48
timzcardz
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westexbbq View Post
You talking to Max Yasgur??????
Wes, you're dating yourself again!
Weber Genesis Silver x 2
Weber One Touch Gold
Weber Performer x 2
Weber Smokey Joe
Bottle of Absolut
Bottle of Beer
Everything Ripken, "Cards and Que. One tastes of cardboard, the other sweet blue." ©
timzcardz is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-29-2011, 06:14 PM   #49
Smokenstein & monster crew
Full Fledged Farker

I Pm(nd) an idea, guess she was NO good....

How about BBQ FOR BABIES, like Bikers for babies (dee snider from twisted sister does that on the island every year...get someone to donate some land time in the name of charity...... $5000 Could help alot of babies
Or clints driveway rocks, You got good electric ???
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]My smoker will eat your WSM for breakfast :becky:[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Custom 55 gallon drum(s) smoker that chews wood spits out the embers. (no set it & forget it BBQ stuff for me)[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
Smokenstein & monster crew is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-29-2011, 06:16 PM   #50
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by timzcardz View Post
I dated myself for a year, we couldnt agree on anything
I had to break it off, was hurt & happy at the same time
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]My smoker will eat your WSM for breakfast :becky:[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Custom 55 gallon drum(s) smoker that chews wood spits out the embers. (no set it & forget it BBQ stuff for me)[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

Unread 03-30-2011, 10:16 AM   #51
CBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbuddiesbbq View Post
How about this...move it to Rhode Island...get the Jack Daniels folk to "recognize" it and I think the winner goes to the Jack. I do not know of another Rhode Island qualifier...is their one?

That would be awesome if another venue cannot work.
There is not currently a RI contest, so a sanctioned event there would be a auto-qualifier for the Jack. It's probably only 50 miles from Long Island, but only if you swim. Otherwise it's a 3-4 hour drive from LI.

I sent Phil the details.
www.teamzbq.com

KCBS, KCBS CBJ, NEBS
CBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-30-2011, 10:43 AM   #52
ique
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbuddiesbbq View Post
How about this...move it to Rhode Island...get the Jack Daniels folk to "recognize" it and I think the winner goes to the Jack. I do not know of another Rhode Island qualifier...is their one?

That would be awesome if another venue cannot work.
And schedule it for the last weekend of August. You'd get people signing up from all over the country looking for the last chance auto-bid
ique is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-30-2011, 05:51 PM   #53
speedrcer1
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by timzcardz View Post
Not like he mentioned 'Wavy Gravy"
That would be real old.
(wondering how many know who Wavy Gravy is?)
Bubba-Keg
"New" 2000 Traeger BBQ100
KCBS 54236, Certified KCBS judge
Certified MOINK Baller
Super-Fast, Super-Non Stealthy ORANGE Themapen
speedrcer1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Unread 03-31-2011, 01:12 PM   #54
Westexbbq
somebody shut me the fark up.

Last time I saw him was at Texas Pop with his tie-dyed dentures!
Texas International Pop Festival, Labor Day 1969.
IMBAS Certified.
Just roll me up and smoke me when I die.
Always remember, no matter where ya go,
there you are.
I wanna tell you 'bout Texas radio and the big beat.
Someday, I hope to visit Penelope.
Hondo Crouch, Famous Late Mayor of Lunkenbach, Texas who advocated a 'dillo diet: "You can eat nothing but armadillos for a month, but you will have to run down and catch all the armadillos you eat and it can really take the weight off!"

Westexbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-31-2011, 07:12 PM   #55
nosmo
Found some matches.

a few years ago (about 3-4 ish) the central islip street fair advertised a bbq contest, I went to see my first competition. there was none,also very few classic cars showed up.Maybe it was due to poor organizing , maybe they, the camber of commerce,would be willing to give it another go.if approached right.
nosmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-02-2011, 04:34 PM   #56
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 4

I remember that fair. if its the one im thinking of, it was bad planning and lack or publicity that made it fall thru.

now, just to keep you folks updated on BotB.

i visited 4 individual venues this week and spoke with various forms of management. I am waiting on word from 3 of them, and the fourth, if it comes thru, will be our home for as long as we want. It will be our own event, with no dependencies except on ourselves. (A lesson learned from WillyB).

We will rent the area a few times a year and have our contests there. We are negotiating rates that will include water, power, and trash pickup. It will cost a few bucks to rent, but hopefully we can get enough sponsorship to cover a portion of those costs. If the ratres are reasonable, I will shoot for at least 2 events. Im no longer open to piggy backing on other events that can drop us at their whim. This will be ours. it will also let us return to a grilling contest on saturday. I have a load of plans for that, which was put on hold last year due to the required fundraiser for the host. Many places will exchange the fundraiser portion on their behalf for rental $$. The most drustraiting thing about finding venues is 'whats in it for me', even when we are renting and paying for the property. Next comes Board of Health, event insurance, and permits.

I will have a better idea on Monday. If for some reason all falls thru, we can always rent the same VFW that willie does for 2011 and that will give us more time to secure an independant venue for next year. So this contest WILL happen one way or another.

I'll keep you posted, and if you folks can cross your fingers, do a dance, say a prayer, do whatever it is you do to make chit happen..fell free to do it! Every little bit helps. :)

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-02-2011, 09:21 PM   #57
speedrcer1
is One Chatty Farker

Thanks for your tireless efforts Phil!

(and I'll be in Pocono)
Bubba-Keg
"New" 2000 Traeger BBQ100
KCBS 54236, Certified KCBS judge
Certified MOINK Baller
Super-Fast, Super-Non Stealthy ORANGE Themapen
speedrcer1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-03-2011, 10:49 AM   #58
exhorns
On the road to being a farker

Phil, Thanks for your tireless efforts to keep this contest alive. I know for a team like ours this contest is great. We don't do many contests so would hate losing it because it's close to home and a friendly atmosphere. Matt

Unread 04-03-2011, 11:34 AM   #59
Full Fledged Farker

Sounds like a plans in place, & hopefully all the ducks line up.....
I was actually looking forward to clints driveway......
but an event, with no piggyback sounds like it has potential
to become something more of what you would like it to be anyway..

on a side note : My logo just in, going to color (this thing is sweeeeeeet)
Smokenstein & The Monster Crew

Unread 04-05-2011, 01:05 PM   #60
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 4

WE ARE ON. Venue secured. :)

Sent from my Droidx using tapatalk and thats probably why the typing is worse than usual.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote