The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Unread 01-16-2011, 07:02 PM   #1
TheBBQShop
Found some matches.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default BBQ for our Military

Hi!
We have been thinking about putting together a welcome home BBQ for
our 914th TAG at the Niagara Falls Air Force Base. Our base has
survived two or three rounds of base closings and maintains a very
important presence here in Western New York.

I could use a few pointers such as how many to expect, regulations that need to be complied with, etc.. For anyone that does events such as this- do you usually hold the event on the Airbase? How much of your food costs are sponsored? Without listing your specific sponsors, what types of businesses are my best chance of sponsorship? What days of the week and times work out best for this type of event?

With promoting two BBQ contests in this area, we have a fairly good
pool of resources to draw from but I dont want to reinvent the wheel
here....
Rob G.
Smokin' In NY
TheBBQShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2011, 09:14 PM   #2
txschutte
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Great idea. We do the exact same thing. Operation BBQ For Our Troops is a non-profit that has branches all over the US. I don't know all of the red tape you have to jump through to be able to do it, but it seems our head guy had to get clearance all the way to the DOD.

Up in your neck of the woods a fellow Brethren member is part of Operation BBQ. Contact "Muzzlebrake" here on the forum to ask questions in detail.

Good luck, and thanks for supporting our troops.

If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it.

Finally got my dream cooker, Runaround Sue.

Team Whosoever Q

If a man looks lustfully at eggs and bacon, he has already committed breakfast in his heart.
txschutte is online now   Reply With Quote