The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners(temp offline)
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:48 PM   #16
btcg
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestridge View Post
not a pro, just frugal or stingy, lol
All I'll say is this:

Ain't tryin to "butter yer bread" but I read your comments, and am often struck by the experience and wisdom that they display.

Now, you're not the only one (a LOT of wisdom on this site), but you're a extremely valuable resource for this website, and a darn nice guy, to boot.

Old 01-22-2011, 02:04 PM   #17
BobBrisket

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestridge View Post
not a pro, just frugal or stingy, lol
Our Pro welding expert for sure!!
UDS, PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, WSM, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver B, Lil' Chief Smoker, Lodge Sportman Grill, Backyard Fire Pit, Dutch Ovens, Discada Set Up!
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment......"You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP
BobBrisket is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2011, 03:00 PM   #18
jestridge
somebody shut me the fark up.

Thank you!
jestridge is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-24-2011, 09:46 AM   #19
Rick Hamilton
On the road to being a farker

I know I have ruined more than 750 bucks worth of meat over the years. Ahhh...the bygone days of boiled ribs.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:02 AM   #20
Big George's BBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

I thought about this class. Really sounds good. IQUE is doing a class also in March and it is local for me. Will have to think about this
Big George's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2011, 09:48 AM   #21
Wrench_H
is One Chatty Farker

I somehow forgot about this thread. Thanks for all the responses to my question guys. Sorry to highjack your thread Rick. It sounds like in the competition world these classes would be invaluable.

CharGriller Smokin Pro, King Kooker Cast Propane Smoker, Smokey Joe Silver, Blue Mosaic Kamado, Traeger 075(Somehow I now have 2 of these), Weber Performer, BW Fatboy, Char Griller Akorn

Multiple Time [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/group.php?groupid=39"]Zero[/URL] Member

Try the [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"]Throwdowns[/URL] - MMMMM...tastes like liquid crystal
Wrench_H is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2011, 02:01 PM   #22
Big Jim BBQ
Take a breath!

So, if I am hearing you guys right, the classes are great but probably not worth the $$$$$ if you are just a back yard q'er and have no intentions of entering comps. Is this the message?

[B]Charbroil CB940X[/B]
[B]Charbroil Bandera and an Old NB Bandera (in restoration)[/B]
[B]Charbroil [COLOR=red]RED[/COLOR][COLOR=black] infrared[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=black]Small Charbroil gasser (sorry), Weber Performer, Thermos Grill-to - Go[/COLOR][/B]
[B]UDS x 2[/B]
[B]Super-Fast, Splash Proof, Precisely Accurate, Highly Visible [COLOR=darkorange]ORANGE[/COLOR] Thermapen[/B]
[B]Fast, Accurate and Shipped Free [COLOR=navy]BLUE [/COLOR]Thermapen, Maverick ET-73, Maverick ET-732 x2[/B]
Big Jim BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2011, 02:30 PM   #23
btcg
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jim BBQ View Post
So, if I am hearing you guys right, the classes are great but probably not worth the $$$$$ if you are just a back yard q'er and have no intentions of entering comps. Is this the message?

My .02.

It's the same price for an individual to take Myron's class. I don't begrudge these gentleman their money. They've got a ton of time and years of experience into what they do, and they've got to feed their families and buy groceries just like we all do.

Now, is it worth it if you don't do comps?

I was a pretty darn good Q'er before the JOS class, but Myron sharpened me up. Doing it on the level he does (and the other gentlemen do) elevates their level of knowledge in an organized way you rarely see unless you put that kind of time in, yourself.

I'm looking forward to the March class. It's well worth it to me.