Elgin Texas Sausage

G

GBPB

We are planning a trip to San Antonio and Austin area some time. Can anyone tell me about Southside Market in Elgin. I have heard the smoked sausage is to die for?

Thanks

I've never had it, but seeing as no one responded, maybe you can be there first to give a review for us????

There is a smokehouse off of I35, I believe, that is really good. I can't remember the name right now. I'll ask my wife.
Also, if you drive through West, Texas (a town, not the region) stop and try their kolaches. (sp?)

It's good. Several years back they changed the recipe to tone the heat down. I preferred the old recipe, but the new stuff is still good. I like Meyer's Elgin Smokehouse a little better.

smoke houes

the one on IH35 is called Rudy's the worst barbque in texas. :-D

You MUST hit Franklin BBQ in Austin, but their hours are somewhat limited. Must plan ahead.

I've had Meyer's and Sooutside's sausage. I used to work in Round Rock and commute back to the Houston area on the weekends. Both are pretty good, prolly give the edge to Southside. Both are great market/restaurants, stop by both, they're not that far apart.

I had never heard of Oakridge Smokehouse in Schulenburg. I'll have to check them out.

Kevin

It's good. Several years back they changed the recipe to tone the heat down. I preferred the old recipe, but the new stuff is still good. I like Meyer's Elgin Smokehouse a little better.

Then try the ones in Ennis. Mighty fine jap. stuffed kolaches.:cool:

I haven't tried any sausage from Elgin, but have tried it at several Central Texas BBQ Meccas. The sausage at City Market in Luling is the best I have tasted so far. Also their brisket is right up there amongst the best.

Back