Competition Ammenities...Your Results!

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Here ya go folks...here are your top 10 responses to the Competition Amenities Thread (from 4 BBQ Forums)...in order of precedence...

1. Water...delivered or close proximity to site.
2. Power...clean, reliable, and close proximity to site.
3. Ice...available on site or delivered (free or reasonable cost).
4. Trash pick up...continuous on site pick up.
5. Parking...on site for RV, trailer, or truck.
6. Porta Potty's...plenty of them...clean & well serviced.
7. Communications...clear, concise and timely with the promoter, sponsors, sanctioning body, etc.
8. Site Boundries...clearly marked and assigned according to team requests as to size needed. Boundary lines strictly enforced.
9. Noise...quiet hours strictly enforced, no loud music.
10. Disposal...gray water, grease, and ash disposal available and close proximity to site.

Thank You!

JD

Didn't know you were going to print a top ten list.

I took notes.

It is great that this was from 4 different forums.

Thanks for your work. :clap2:

Sounds like a great contest. Where/When is it?

Hopefully everywhere! :thumb: The one I am helping with is right here in Duvall, WA...3rd weekend of August...come on out! :p

Didn't know you were going to print a top ten list.

I took notes.

It is great that this was from 4 different forums.

Thanks for your work. :clap2:

I figured the folks needed something tangible to take to the event organizers...:p

Nice job! But I'm a little surprised... WATER is #1?? I would have guessed electricity or clean and numerous crappers. Quiet hours would be about #2 or 3 for me. Anyway, that's an eye opener!

Nice job! But I'm a little surprised... WATER is #1?? I would have guessed electricity or clean and numerous crappers. Quiet hours would be about #2 or 3 for me. Anyway, that's an eye opener!

I'm sure the rankings might not be what everyone would imagine...they were tallied by number of responses as most folks did not prioritize them. For example...I read each post in the thread and kept a tally sheet on each amenity mentioned...then ranked the responses according to how many times an amenity was mentioned. Water had the most number of mentions...

Does that make sense? :confused::laugh:

Back