MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ > For the Board

Notices

For the Board *On Topic Only* Strictly moderated. NO BAD KARMA! This forum is for questions and discussions you would like reviewed by members of the KCBS(or other BBQ orgs) Board of Directors. A clean and direct place where they do not have to wade thru day to day chatter.

Old 12-18-2010, 07:34 AM   #1
Candy Sue
is one Smokin' Farker

Default KCBS Strategic Funds

Please note that this post is my opinion and in no way reflects any opinion of any other board member or KCBS.

I need KCBS members' help!

As the chair of the Strategic Funds Committee, I have the charge of determining direction for the funds that have enriched KCBS through the marketing efforts of MMA. If you read the financial reports in the Bullsheet or attached as part of each month's agenda on the web, you know that this is not a small amount. These ideas and directions will go to the entire board for up or down vote. Please send me an e-mail with your thoughts. candyatbbqrsdelightdotcom Thank you!
Candy Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->

Old 12-18-2010, 09:45 AM   #2
ThomEmery
Babbling Farker

Wonderful situation :)

Team What Wood Jesus Que?

Www.bbqthom.com
ThomEmery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:14 AM   #3
Smokedelic
Full Fledged Farker

I'm somewhat surprised/concerned the KCBS doesn't already have strategic plans(1 year/3 year/5 year) in place, with projects prioritized, so that these funds could be earmarked for those projects. Was this windfall from MMA's marketing efforts was not anticipated?

I was also under the impression that the Board had at least one annual "retreat", paid for with KCBS dollars, that was supposed to serve as a planning session? I can't think of a better time to work on strategic, long-term plans(and corresponding budgets for them) for KCBS than at said retreat. Am I missing something here?