MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 10-25-2004, 08:43 PM   #16
2Fat
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Re: Back from the Jack

Quote:
Did you trim up the chicken like you did at the AR? I think I remembered how you did it.
ya mean all my secrets are public now<BFG> they put the chicken in a marinade that came in the goodie bag--not sure what--for about 18hrs or so--then seasoned with some commercial rub--maybe Smokin'Guns hot--then overcooked it on the wsm so it sat in the sauce fro at least an hour soaking up more flavour. Personally thought it was really salty but I wasn't a judge

see ya
KCBS #9269 and #4605
Blazen Gridiron
BWS Competitor--sold
BWS Pro Jr--sold
BWS party(all SS)
BDS--on loan
BGE
2Fat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-25-2004, 08:51 PM   #17
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

[quote="2Fat"]
Quote:

they put the chicken in a marinade that came in the goodie bag--not sure what--for about 18hrs or so--then seasoned with some commercial rub--maybe Smokin'Guns hot--then overcooked it on the wsm so it sat in the sauce fro at least an hour soaking up more flavour. Personally thought it was really salty but I wasn't a judge

see ya
The bird we submitted at the CT State Championship was WAAYYYYYYY to salty, to the point I thought was inedible. Submitted it anyway and it took first place. I think judges must be potato chip addicts. :?

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-25-2004, 09:10 PM   #18
2Fat
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33
[
The bird we submitted at the CT State Championship was WAAYYYYYYY to salty, to the point I thought was inedible. Submitted it anyway and it took first place. I think judges must be potato chip addicts. :?
been told more than once its hard too make stuff too salty!!

Here is a pic of Phil at work??
KCBS #9269 and #4605
Blazen Gridiron
BWS Competitor--sold
BWS Pro Jr--sold
BWS party(all SS)
BDS--on loan
BGE

Old 10-25-2004, 09:27 PM   #19
Bill-Chicago
somebody shut me the fark up.

Location: Chicago Southwestern Burbs, but always south of Madison Ave.
Name/Nickname : Professor Dickweed

Are those Chusck roasts?

The death of "willkat98"

Me: If you aren't woke, that means you're still sleeping, right?
Kid today: That's racist!

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven, Black Iron BBQ Viper-M, Blackstone 36" Griddle
Bill-Chicago is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-25-2004, 09:31 PM   #20
2Fat
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by willkat98
Are those Chusck roasts?
rpime rib I believe
KCBS #9269 and #4605
Blazen Gridiron
BWS Competitor--sold
BWS Pro Jr--sold
BWS party(all SS)
BDS--on loan
BGE

Old 10-25-2004, 10:44 PM   #21
BBQchef33

Buzz got it.. thems prime rib steaks. We didnt have 5-6 hours to cook a 20lb roast. So I cut them into 2-3 inch chunks and cooked them in the green egg at 275-300. Started out with a couple fatties before the roasts went on. Then opened the dampers full open and finished them at grilling speed. Sliced them up and rang the dinner bell.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM

Old 10-26-2004, 03:40 AM   #22
Neil
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Thanks for sharing Phil. I used your prime rib technique on a tri-tip roast Sunday and it was fantastic.

Mange Bene Viva Bene!

Old Country Over/Under, Weber: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" WSM, Weber Performer(Col. Steve Austin Mod), Two 22.5" Kettles, & a Smokey Joe; Old Country 36" griddle, Luhr-Jensen Big Chief, Turkey Fryer, Rocky Mountain Camp Stove and a UDS.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-26-2004, 08:40 AM   #23
drbbq
is One Chatty Farker

It was good to meet you Phil. Sorry we didn't have much for you to do or a cooker for you to use but cooking for the World Championship is very serious business to me. Everything is well orchestrated ahead of time. My plan is in place long before we get to Lynchburg and it is set in stone.
Nice site.
drbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-26-2004, 09:50 AM   #24
racer_81
Babbling Farker

Welcome DrBBQ.

Go on over to Cattle Call and introduce yourself!

Old 10-26-2004, 11:33 AM   #25
CinCity25
Got Wood.

Hey Phil.....was wonderful meeting you at da Jack even though it was only a couple of hours before our departure back to Canada! :(

I was fortunate enough to be sharing a few pops with the Dizzy Pigs when the prime rib cam off the egg and it was incredible....I even bragged to my team mates that they missed out large on the PR! :P

Cindy
What have you been smokin'?
Ontario, Canada
CinCity25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-26-2004, 11:45 AM   #26
brdbbq
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Phil is our Walking Billboard.

Old 10-26-2004, 12:07 PM   #27
BBQchef33

Hey Cindy!!! Welcome to our nut house... This is where it all began... :)

great to meet you and your bunch too.. Go over to cattle call.. let everyone know who ya are...

News Flash:

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM

Old 10-26-2004, 12:15 PM   #28
Bill-Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by brdbbq
Pretty big billboard

The death of "willkat98"

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven, Black Iron BBQ Viper-M, Blackstone 36" Griddle

Old 10-26-2004, 12:18 PM   #29
BBQchef33

Quote:

You got that right. Kept our hat and apron on and got our name out there best i could... Considering the comapany I was in, having anyone from there come to our humble abode is definately a plus...

News Flash:

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM

Old 10-26-2004, 12:20 PM   #30
Bill-Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33
Quote:

You got that right. Kept our hat and apron on and got our name out there best i could... Considering the comapany I was in, having anyone from there come to our humble abode is definately a plus...
Forgot the deodorant at the hotel, eh?

The death of "willkat98"