The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 12-05-2010, 10:26 PM   #31
42BBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Grail View Post
In all seriousness I would put Phil Rizzardi towards the top of this list. I believe this forum has done as much, or more, for the expansion of BBQ over the years as anyone on any of the lists so far.

We are talking about influence here. And this forum has had a tremendous influence on the BBQ culture in a American and elsewhere.
Well, I gotta say this holds a lot of truth for me. If it were not for the Brethren (and by that I mean Phil) I would still be stuck using a gasser and trying not to scorch my burgers and chicken breast. Geez, that sounds lousy, instead I'm making awesome Que that my friends and family love; I'm "window shopping" all the time looking at dropping thousands on a Lang, Meadowcreek, Gator pit, or some other dang cooker. I obsess about Que, I spend hours planning years down the road for catering, competing, making this my living. This place, this community, has sparked inside me dreams bigger than I ever thought I would have. I have a good job, one that offers early retirement. I always thought that is all I wanted in life. Now I have dreams for so much more. And yes, many others have influenced me to be cooking what and how I cook now. But nobody else influenced me more than The Brethren!

Unread 12-06-2010, 06:57 AM   #32
WineMaster
Babbling Farker

Wayne Monk & Family

MJH From Backyard Bomber BBQ -- Junior
YS 640 Comp
22.5 Weber Kettle
Blue Thermopen

Comp Team
Wine & Swine
WineMaster is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-06-2010, 07:41 AM   #33
bdodd444
Knows what a fatty is.

I would add Greg Rempe for his great radio show.
bdodd444 is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-06-2010, 08:15 AM   #34
Yazoo's
Knows what a fatty is.

Pat Burke of Apple City (He and Mike Mills were the main guys) and later of Tower Rock BBQ has never gotten the credit he deserves- a true Gentleman of BBQ as the wife likes to say.
MemphisBBQCO.com
Yazoo's is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Unread 12-06-2010, 08:28 AM   #35
jestridge
somebody shut me the fark up.

Amen to 42 bbq!!!! If I need to know something I usually come here , but most of the people that mention never heard of them
jestridge is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-10-2010, 03:07 PM   #36
fatguyputter
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagardn View Post
Pat & Gina Neely?
Now that's funny.......I don't care who ya are, that's funny.
fatguyputter is offline   Reply With Quote