Good Bbq in Columbus?????

biggs98

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Just need a little help......In Columbus Ohio
for the night and looking for some good bbq...Any help is appreciated....Thanks in advance

columbus

city bbq is pretty good. It's a chain, but a small one. Great brisket though. There is also a montgomery Inn. Not very authentic bbq, but their other food is good.

Jason

Just need a little help......In Columbus Ohio
for the night and looking for some good bbq...Any help is appreciated....Thanks in advance

Thats some funny chit right there. :heh:

Don't know if you've already been or not, but I was up there this summer and ate at "Hoggy's". Pretty good barbecue, and their ribs were even better. North side in Dublin (not far from Montgomery Inn - but better).

I've been to hoggy's a few times. Their pulled pork nachos are good. We're going to cleveland next weekend and there is a hoggys there near our hotel. There is also one in columbus up by polaris.

Jason

City BBQ is where I usually go if I'm not cooking it myself, they have decent food and they just opened a new restaurant in our city. If I were you, I'd skip looking for a BBQ place and go to Thurman Cafe and get a Therminator if you are a serious eater. Their burgers are outstanding and the wings are excellent, I highly recommend this place. There was an episode on Man Vs. Food...look it up and you might catch the episode on YouTube. There is the link to the restaurant http://www.thethurmancafe.com/

I'm not a Hoggy's fan, but City BBQ is the closest you'll get to real bbq, IMO. Their brisket is based on the founder's American Royal winning brisket, known via Raichlen as Millionaire's Brisket. Their pork is ok, their ribs not bad, but the brisket is the best part.

city

I like the pork and the ribs. I've heard from my wife that the brisket is great. I don't eat beef so I don't know. The chicken was very disappointing. It tasted like...chicken. nothing special.

Jason

Do take out. :p Go to Hoggy's and get some cornbread and chili, then head over to City BBQ and get their brisket (or any meat really) and hush puppies.

Not bbq, but one of my local favs is Cap City Diner. Not crazy pricey, but really good eats.

Back