The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Unread 11-17-2010, 01:49 AM   #1
esselle
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default How much to tender for an event?

Hi,
I appreciate things may be slightly different over here(UK), but I have just started catering for events and after enquiring about a few one has asked that I send in a written tender amount. How do I even start to work out how much to submit. If it helps at all there will be an attendance of 75,000 - 100,000 over 2 days.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
esselle is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-17-2010, 04:17 AM   #2
Dr_KY
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by esselle View Post
Hi,
I appreciate things may be slightly different over here(UK), but I have just started catering for events and after enquiring about a few one has asked that I send in a written tender amount. How do I even start to work out how much to submit. If it helps at all there will be an attendance of 75,000 - 100,000 over 2 days.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Hey bro give me a PM here or there or call me so we can sit and have a little chat about some of this if you like.

What sort of an event is this going to be with numbers that large?
Is the plan to actually vend food or provide enough to feed them for one lump sum? If it's vending then there isn't an amount you can quote other than you cost as it's all hypothetical as to the amount you could/would sell. Don't fall for some of the traps out there.

We are removing ourselves for festivals and some events in fact the fridge van is out of here in a few days time.Wish I would have known perhaps it could have been of use to you, it's cheaper than paying 500. bones renting one for the weekend.

Slappin that bass like some delerious funky preist!!!

UDS, Half Pint (Mini UDS), Weber, ProQ 20, Kegrilla
*250 gallon cooker- 'The Meat Beast!!'*

British BBQ Championships
Grand Champion 2008
~~~~
British BBQ Society - Southern Championship
Grand Champions 2009
Dr_KY is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-17-2010, 11:52 AM   #3
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

The other thing I ran across here was when organizers come to you and say 'I will have 'X' numbers of people, how much will you pay me for the right to vend'. It often ends up that they want you to pay for the right to vend at their event. Just another thing to consider.

Whip It Off, Chambers!

"perhaps...but then again...maybe not..."
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-17-2010, 04:48 PM   #4
Dr_KY
Quintessential Chatty Farker

That's pretty much what's going on here. I look at those events and give them a very lo ball number 200.00 and that's if I even consider it. Most times these guys don't have any idea what to charge so they are waiting for you to make the first strike.

Now I have run across a deal for an event put on by the city where they gave me a head count and asked what it would cost to feed them. We set a low price (to get the job) for my services and it was their job to sell what I cooked. I got paid my amount up front and they sold about 5% of the product. The city put someone in charge of taking the payments so there wasn't any fiddling.

See if this is what they are after and if do then get in there!!

Anything other than that then I would walk away.

Slappin that bass like some delerious funky preist!!!

UDS, Half Pint (Mini UDS), Weber, ProQ 20, Kegrilla
*250 gallon cooker- 'The Meat Beast!!'*

British BBQ Championships
Grand Champion 2008
~~~~
British BBQ Society - Southern Championship
Grand Champions 2009
Dr_KY is offline   Reply With Quote