The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 11-16-2010, 10:26 AM   #1
MattG
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Utility Trailer Set Up

Does anyone use a utility trailer set up. I'm looking at purchasing a 7x16 just to do comps and maybe to help with catering but I need some ideas. I'm looking to put in a place to haul my smokers (but will take them out to cook),small refrigerator, place to sleep, cabinets, table, sink (hot and cold), lights, and a generator. If anyone has one will you please post some pictures and tell me what you like and don't like. What you would have done with that trailer if you could. Thanks MattG

Check us out on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pots-BBQ/107610505962113
MattG is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-16-2010, 09:54 PM   #2
Gerrit_Boys
Full Fledged Farker

We have one like that. It gets us along but it could have always been bigger. We use ours for alot more than just competing. We have a frig, an 8' counter, and a set of plastic drawers. All that is easily removed so it can go to the lumberyard, haul a bike, or whatever. If I was only going to compete and or cater, I would without a doubt be looking at one of the trailers set up for it. It has to be more cost and time effective to buy one that way doesn't it?
Gerrit_Boys is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-17-2010, 11:19 AM   #3
HarleyEarl
Full Fledged Farker

I just got one about that size. It has a stainless table across the front of the trailer with a mid-sized frig under, a sink & counter across from the side door with a clean water tank, water pump, & water heater under, and shelves on the front of theat same side wall. It also has lighting on the ceiling and, thank the BBQ gods, an air conditioner. I transport the smokers in it and roll them out once I get to the comps then set up my bed. Not really happy with the current set up and plan on making some mods this winter. But that's another story yet to come...
CBJ
Six UDS's, Traeger 125, Traeger Jr, two HD Off-sets, and a home-made Trailer mounted smoker
Funny Farm BBQ
[URL="http://www.FunnyFarmBBQ.us"]www.FunnyFarmBBQ.us[/URL]
[COLOR=darkred][B]***2010 Great American Barbecue Baste of the Year***[/B][/COLOR]
HarleyEarl is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-18-2010, 09:15 AM   #4
Candy Sue
Take a breath!

My setup is more fluid. Only built in is a cabinet in the front end (slept on the counter) which stores the slide out for the generator (custom built). For sink, I have a utility sink with small hot water heater that moves really easy to use a hose hookup. Here's a couple of photos: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=94639 It's for sale.
Candy Sue is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-20-2010, 08:12 AM   #5
Brauma
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I've always admired The Kapn's yellow trailer. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...hlight=trailer

"Life's too short to drink cheap beer or eat crotchpot BBQ"

NB Bandera - refurbished; Two Big Green Eggs: Poncho - Large, and Lefty - Small; Weber Kettles; 6' fire pit; Super fast Blue Thermapen
Brauma is offline   Reply With Quote