oink
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun weekly contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted each week. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, and the chance to choose the next week's category. Fun people only please! If you take this too seriously you will have to leave the party until you are fun again.

View Poll Results: Who should win the BBQ Brethren "Deep South Delicacies" Throwdown?
Brimhack 17 21.79%
Lunchman 1 1.28%
Gore 11 14.10%
landarc 3 3.85%
Jonny Rotisserie 17 21.79%
deguerre 1 1.28%
Redhot 20 25.64%
N8man 5 6.41%
bluetang 3 3.85%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2010, 06:11 PM   #31
Alan in Ga
is One Chatty Farker

Not a "Team Husbands" vote I really liked Gores Chicken regardless of affiliation. Loved the Ham too....
[SIZE=3]Golden Goose Egg(4 Times Certified)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Stumps 223 ,2 UDS,NB Hondo[/SIZE]
Alan in Ga is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 11-17-2010, 12:51 AM   #32
SmokinAussie
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I can't believe Guerry's only got 1 vote!!!

Mind you, there was a time when I thought Geurry would never GET a vote.... but sheeesh.... One lousy vote! Am I the only one who like Ham around here????
SmokinAussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 11-17-2010, 07:36 AM   #33
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

I think it's a portion control issue. The ham is simply too big. Had it been sliced, then perhaps people could vote for it because it would be within the realm of reason to eat it in a civilized manner. Instead, people are stuck trying to figure out how to stuff that whole ham in their mouth, but with the other more accessible dishes right next to it, it gets lost in the voting.

That's my theory anyway.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:50 AM   #34
N8man
Babbling Farker

All I would need is a slice or two of Bread....

Just Saying....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post
I think it's a portion control issue. The ham is simply too big. Had it been sliced, then perhaps people could vote for it because it would be within the realm of reason to eat it in a civilized manner. Instead, people are stuck trying to figure out how to stuff that whole ham in their mouth, but with the other more accessible dishes right next to it, it gets lost in the voting.

That's my theory anyway.

How I Fire Up That Ugly DrumPit Smoker!!!!
N8man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:27 AM   #35
deguerre

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8man View Post
All I would need is a slice or two of Bread....

Just Saying....
Or a cheap white bun...
"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:45 AM   #36
Redhot
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:

That's my theory anyway.
Actually, I kinda screwed that up for him. See, after he smoked the ham and had it safely inside the house, pix taken, he crashed out (a few too many shots I figure). I had to start those beans 'cause they take all day to cook so I butchered his ham...it didn't look too pretty after that. I should have sliced it and taken some more pictures, I feel very guilty now. That ham was fabulous I must say, it gave the beans and greens a wonderful spicy/sweet flavor!
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS]GOSM "Bubba Q", Stovetop Smoker "Lazy Girl", ET-73[/FONT][/FONT]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=navy]Avatar by NorthwestBBQ[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
Redhot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:53 AM   #37
bigabyte

Even putting a straw next to it might have helped.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?

Duh.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:12 AM   #38
---k---
is Blowin Smoke!

Maybe not the most complex recipe or fanciest plate, but how could I vote against PIE??? It was tough, a lot of great entries. But, its pie! I had to vote for Lunchman.

Tie for second would probably be Brickham and Gore. Chicken fried steak and fried chicken! Oh now that it speaking to me!

Great job everyone else, too. You all can come over any time and cook for me.

Proudly Smoking on a UDS, PBC &
Accidental Winner of the 2012 "Saucy" Throwdown.
---k--- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:17 AM   #39
deguerre

Whoops...there goes Lunchman's zero!
"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
Old 11-21-2010, 07:12 AM   #40
deguerre

What. Only one vote for the farking ham? WTF?
Old 11-21-2010, 07:17 AM   #41
deguerre

Oh, BTW congrats Redhot for the win!
Old 11-22-2010, 05:20 AM   #42
SmokinAussie

Quote:

That's my theory anyway.

UR full of sheeet (Ozzie Mod). How the fark can the fattest population on earth look at that ham and say "It's too BIG"! I'd see big men pushin me out of the way to get to that ham!.... fark off those bite sized canapes.....

You got a knife and a farkin' fork?? CUT somethin!!!!!

Cheers!

Bill
Thanks from: --->
Old 11-22-2010, 11:52 AM   #43
bigabyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinAussie View Post
UR full of sheeet (Ozzie Mod). How the fark can the fattest population on earth look at that ham and say "It's too BIG"! I'd see big men pushin me out of the way to get to that ham!.... fark off those bite sized canapes.....

You got a knife and a farkin' fork?? CUT somethin!!!!!

Cheers!

Bill
Haven't you heard? We are under orders from the government to stop being American, and start acting like Europe. Have you seen the dinky little portions at the Euro cafe's?

Duh.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:29 PM   #44
SmokinAussie

Quote:
Haven't you heard? We are under orders from the government to stop being American, and start acting like Europe. Have you seen the dinky little portions at the Euro cafe's?
No, I'd eat 4 Mc Ribs instead.....