THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

deguerre

somebody shut me the fark up.
Since other ideas of mine had already been done, I decided what better thing to do than chicken fry the lowly pressed pork patty! Did I ever mention I love fried stuff? Anyhow, I got some McRibs, rinsed them, smoked them in the kettle with hickory at about 250 for I don't know exactly how long as I used the bend test...:becky:...then breaded them and deep fried them. For the breadding I used an onion ring dip mix using beer instead of water, then coated that with a mix of the same mix, some zatarains fish fry and crushed panko. Let them sit for a bit and fried them in about a half inch of canola. There were left over green beans so I dipped and coated them and fried for good measure. (These were wonderful by the way). We took three pounds of mini gold taters, cubed, boiled and then Michele smashed 'em with a hand smasher (It took forever so I owe her big time:-D) with butter, buttermilk, chicken broth, chopped fresh parsley and minced garlic. The green beans and mushrooms were layered and dashed with Cavenders and steamed. The Gravy was the simple butter/flour/milk and spices thing I do except I got a wild hair and used some onion hushpuppy mix instead of the flour, buttermilk and chicken broth instead of just milk, had a little leftover chopped parsley so that got tossed in, some onion powder, salt and fresh ground black pepper. It needed a little more salt but was good. Enjoy the pics!

There are more great entries in the Throwdown thread here:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93835

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• mcr.jpg
    mcr.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 209
  • mcr1.jpg
    mcr1.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 209
  • McRib bend test....jpg
    McRib bend test....jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 256
  • mcr2.jpg
    mcr2.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 208
  • mcr3.jpg
    mcr3.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 208
  • mcr4.jpg
    mcr4.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 207
  • plate 1.jpg
    plate 1.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 205
  • plate 2.jpg
    plate 2.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 207
  • plate 3.jpg
    plate 3.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 207
Nicely done!!:clap2:

You touched upon the idea I had for the TD... stop touching it.

Kinda disappointed in you Guerry... no eggplant?? Really?

OMG I just had a flashback of when I was 19 and cooking at Denny`s that looks like one of their Chicken fried steaks. I would definiatly hit those fried green beans.

Did you just buy some McRibs sammys or did you buy a case from McDonalds uncookied? Silly question I know, but you will have to excuse me I am having a a little sipping whiskey here.
Dave

Back