The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 11-03-2010, 02:15 PM   #1
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 1
Default Fast and Easy Ribs with Fries

With all of the McRib stuff going on, I had to do something. After all, some of this stuff you crazy farkers are coming up with is making me SICK! I mean...Turkey McRibs? Then there's that farking meatloaf thing!

So, I thought I would show that you do not have to go to McDonalds to get a quick rib fix with a side of fries. You can do it right at home on your trusty Weber Kettle grill. Here's how you do it.

First, fire up a Weber chimney full of lump charcoal, and place the lit coals on one side of the kettle like so...

Then take a Pork Loin Cut Country Style Rib and season it with a layer of Brown Sugar, followed by a layer of Simply Marvelous Pecan Rub.

Then take a Russet Potato, cut it into wedges, and sprinkle with a bit of Lemon Juice and then toss with some Oil. Then season the wedges with some Kosher Salt and fresh cracked Black Pepper.

Place the Country Style Rib and the Potatoes on the grill like so.

Put the lid on and let this cook like this for 5 minutes. Then turn the potatoes like this...

Put the lid back on and let cook for another 5 minutes, and then move the potatoes to the cool side of the grill. While we are in there, give that Rib a flip like so...

Put the lid back on for 10 minutes, and then move the Rib over the coals to begin a reverse sear...

Put the lid on for a couple minutes, then flip the rib to begin searing the other side. You can see the sear we put in here. If this picture was in motion, you would see the fat sizzling...that's a beautiful thing to watch, sizzling pork fat!

Put the lid on for another couple minutes, and then move the rib to the cool side of the grill and apply some BigButz BBQ sauce like so...

Just a few minutes later the sauce should have set up and you are ready to serve. Instead of Ketchup for my fries I decided to use BigButz BBQ Sauce.

So, in less than 30 minutes, you too can be eating a quick Rib meal with Fries, and it tastes better than anything you're going to get at a restaurant. I promise you that.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the BBQ Brethren Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club member
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-03-2010, 02:17 PM   #2
aquablue22
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Nice, Rachel Ray mod.............30 minute meals!

BTW.........I really like those fries like that, what a great flavor.
2 - 18.5 Weber Kettle
2 - Super FAST, Super ACCURATE Green Thermapen1 splashproof)

"A good friend will come and bail you out of jail, your best friend will be sitting right beside you on the bench saying "What a Ride!" WooHoo
aquablue22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Unread 11-03-2010, 02:45 PM   #3
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts

Chris that is absolutely mouthwatering, but -5 points for the rant, c'mon, that is your lamest rant ever and another -5 points for not using foil-hat rub. Did you run out? Maybe I need to send you some. So, correct those two things and then I think you've got a contender.
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-03-2010, 02:48 PM   #4
bigabyte

Actually, I am low on foil hat rub at the moment, and have not had the proper amount of MSG enhanced galvanized aluminum foil to make up a new batch just yet. But I will make some soon enough, before I run out.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?

Unread 11-03-2010, 02:52 PM   #5
chambersuac

even with the -10 point deduction, I think it still earns an "A".

IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball maker and IMBAS Sgt. At Arms.

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. [Acts 20:32 KJV]
chambersuac is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-03-2010, 03:02 PM   #6
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chambersuac View Post
even with the -10 point deduction, I think it still earns an "A".
Oh yeah, but don't tell Chris that! You always have to take some points off or he won't try next time. He might just buy a few McRibs, throw them on his Weber and try to pass them off as his own.

Unread 11-03-2010, 03:04 PM   #7
Smokey Al Gold
is Blowin Smoke!

I likey alot. Even though that "rib" is missing a bone I'd hit it hard. Now we just need the recipe for foil hat rub and we can all rest easy tonight... I will do the tater thing tonight on the kettle with a few boneless chicky thighs.

Creator of:
"The Great Chicken Sammich Debacle of 2010"
Smokey Al Gold is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-03-2010, 03:12 PM   #8
bigabyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Al Gold View Post
I likey alot. Even though that "rib" is missing a bone I'd hit it hard. Now we just need the recipe for foil hat rub and we can all rest easy tonight... I will do the tater thing tonight on the kettle with a few boneless chicky thighs.
It had a bone running down one side. You can see it in the 5th picture in the post. It is in the concave section on the bottom-left side.

The fries are awesome! Just make sure you give them enough time and heat on the cool side to get done all the way through, other than that little trick these taters are about as simple as a baked tater.

Unread 11-03-2010, 03:16 PM   #9
Smokey Al Gold
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post
It had a bone running down one side. You can see it in the 5th picture in the post. It is in the concave section on the bottom-left side.

The fries are awesome! Just make sure you give them enough time and heat on the cool side to get done all the way through, other than that little trick these taters are about as simple as a baked tater.
Ah I was wrong I see the bone! How dare I even question you. However you avoided my request for foil hat rub. What do I fly around in a black helicopter where you must avoid me and my questions?

Creator of:
"The Great Chicken Sammich Debacle of 2010"
Smokey Al Gold is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-03-2010, 03:20 PM   #10
Gore
Phizzy

Sorry, I just came back to sneak another peek at that second-to-last picture. That is a beautiful rib, bone or no bone. That might have to be my next desktop. It's especially good cause there's a lot of white in the upper left where all the icons go, but I'm afraid I'd be hungry all the time (just have to tell myself, "no foil hat, ... no foil hat").

Unread 11-03-2010, 03:28 PM   #11
bigabyte

There is no recipe for Foil Hat Rub. It is a myth. An urban legend. You are not even reading this right now. What you thought was a rub recipe was actually just swamp gas.

Unread 11-03-2010, 03:40 PM   #12
BigButzBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Chris. that cook rocks! Sometimes hot and fast are the best. Love the taters! The sauce choice isn't bad either,
BigButzBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-03-2010, 04:29 PM   #13
deguerre

You had me at country style rib. Those are wonderful on the grill.
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-03-2010, 04:34 PM   #14
zydecopaws
Babbling Farker

Mmm... country style ribs and grill fries. Who wouldn't hit that?

MOINK Ball Wizard and ALF Award Recipient

Webers up the wazoo, a bunch o' Pyromids, Bubba Ho-Keg, and the CrockaQue
zydecopaws is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-03-2010, 04:48 PM   #15
bluetang

Yep, that are a good looking ribber. Taters look fine, too!

bluetang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Country Style Ribs, CSR, Fries, Potato