• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

New Member here

T

tgautreaux

Hey guys! I'm new to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself. I'm fairly new to the BBQ world, but I'm doing my best to hone my skills. I picked up a used large BGE off of CL ($400) a few months back and I've been wearing it out. I've got a few pictures of some Q that I've done on my egg thus far. Also, I managed to pick up an old egg (which I think is a China Pot) off of CL last week for $50. I stripped it and had it painted with high temp chevy orange (I'm a Tennessee Vols fan and this will be my portable tailgate smoker. Since it's clay and a little smaller than a medium BGE, it's pretty light). The clay egg was completely intact with firebox, grate, dampers, etc. I was pretty stoked to get it for $50.

Attachments

• ribs2.jpg
    ribs2.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 145
  • ribs.jpg
    ribs.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 145
  • bbq.jpg
    bbq.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 144
  • ham2.JPG
    ham2.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 144
  • ham1.jpg
    ham1.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 143
  • Clay Pot Egg.jpg
    Clay Pot Egg.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 144
tgautreaux, you should introduce yourself in the Cattle Call forum too.

Food
2w2rkwm.gif
s good so far.

that looks like a crappy knockoff Egg...do yourself a favor and send it to me. You know? Just to save yourself from being embarressed by it? I'll even give ya $55 PLUS shipping. That's the kinda guy I am - looking to help a fella out :)

Okay, okay...yeah, I'm kidding. Seriously, though...welcome to the Brethren - your food looks great, too.

that looks like a crappy knockoff Egg...do yourself a favor and send it to me. You know? Just to save yourself from being embarressed by it? I'll even give ya $55 PLUS shipping. That's the kinda guy I am - looking to help a fella out :)

Okay, okay...yeah, I'm kidding. Seriously, though...welcome to the Brethren - your food looks great, too.

That is not a fair deal. I will give you $75.00 plus freight. lol

Welcome

Back