THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

keverhart

Knows what a fatty is.
Has anyone had Salmon Spread with pita bread at Famous Daves? I know I know famous daves ain't bbq but seriously the SS is awesome. I was just asking to see if anyone might know how to re-create it?

Don't know what Famous Dave's is, but I really like to mix smoked salmon with soft cream cheese. That stuff disappears awfully fast on Super Bowl days ..

Never had Famous Dave's..... But have made a lot on my own.... As mentioned, start with soft cream cheese and go from their (some use both cream cheese & sour cream 50/50 or so mix, I prefer straight cream cheese) ..... The additional ingredients are almost endless.... Use either leftover cooked salmon or smoked.... One thing I have not done, but I want to try is prepare the dish cold, then smoke it to warm it up & then serve.

here's one-

1 lb smoked salmon flaked
8 ounces cream cheese
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
2 Tbs grated onions
1 tsp chives
2 tsp horseradish fresh hot
1/2 cup mayo
flake smoked salmon and mix together well. chill stretch recipe,
add milk depending on thickness desired.
Chilling tends to thicken.

Here's mine:

1 lb. smoked Salmon
fine chopped onion (1/2)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbls. capers, chopped
hot sauce to taste
1/2 c. mayo
1 c. sour cream
S&P
1 tsp. lemon juice

Process onion, garlic and juice and hot sauce.
Hand pulse in fish (you want small chunks, not mush)
remove bowl and add capers and work in mayo and sour cream a little at a time to taste and texture.
chill

Back