MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Old 10-26-2010, 06:19 PM   #61
MadCityJim
On the road to being a farker

BTW Brethren: I have 2 more great ideas if you're looking for inspiration. Plenty of time left in this throwdown...

PM me if you want the Ideas.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]-Weber OTG, Weber OTS, Weber Smokey Joe Gold, Smokenator, Stoker[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]-[COLOR=green]SuperFast WaterProof [B]GREEN[/B] Thermapen[/COLOR][/FONT]
[COLOR=indigo][FONT=Comic Sans MS][B]-Proud architect of: [/B][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90573"][B]Smoked Mac-N-Cheese with Bourbon and Bacon[/B][/URL][B], [/B][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92062"][B]Big Bad BLT Platter[/B][/URL], [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85744"][B]Whole Suckling Pig In My ProQ Excel 20[/B][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR]
MadCityJim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-27-2010, 07:07 PM   #62
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCityJim View Post
BTW Brethren: I have 2 more great ideas if you're looking for inspiration. Plenty of time left in this throwdown...

PM me if you want the Ideas.
How about if I just take that last submission off your hands and you can try out your other two great ideas.
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 10-27-2010, 07:27 PM   #63
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

I had a great idea for a real bread to do to replace the brownies, but I am going to stick with the brownies. Critics be damned! If you want to know what my other idea was, too bad. It was a sure winner though. Except for the fact that I was making it.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 10-27-2010, 08:18 PM   #64
Buster Dog BBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post
I had a great idea for a real bread to do to replace the brownies, but I am going to stick with the brownies. Critics be damned! If you want to know what my other idea was, too bad. It was a sure winner though. Except for the fact that I was making it.
Should have rolled out those brownies around some cream cheese like a giant hoho fatty type thing.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:21 PM   #65
bigabyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Dog BBQ View Post
Should have rolled out those brownies around some cream cheese like a giant hoho fatty type thing.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?

Duh.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:24 PM   #66
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

At least you could've stuffed those brownies with some greenbacks. Then nobody could claim you weren't baking up some dough. Ok, I'm off to the penalty box.
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:15 PM   #67
Campfire Girl
On the road to being a farker

I declare, this bread thing has made me crazy. Three different times and they all looked, well, awful!

I thought this was about smoking meat.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:17 PM   #68
bigabyte

Just add bacon to it. It worked for my bread.

Duh.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:24 PM   #69
Brimhack
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

My inspiration for this dish comes from the French hot dog: a half baguette is impaled on a hot iron longways. This serves the dual purposes of toasting the inside of the bun along with creating a hole in the baguette. A sauce-covered is then forced into the hole in the baguette. The result is a delicious sandwich/hotdog.

So given that the theme of this challenge was bread, I figured I could create a French hot dog on the grill. BUT, rather than using a plain hot dog, I'd use a smoked fatty.

I was inspired by a post on this board describing the 3-2-1 method as applied to a fatty. Well, I thought, why cook it for two hours in foil when you could cook it for two hours encased in dough?

The plan was as follows: smoke a fatty for 3 hours. While that is smoking, prepare my bread dough. After three hours, pull out the fatty. Lay out the dough into a flat rectangle, push the fatty into the dough and wrap it up tight. Toss the whole contraption back on the grill and cook for 2 hours.

My first question was whether or not bread would even bake at 225 degrees. So I did a little bit of a test run:

Looks pretty good! It doesn't have the dark brown crust it usually does but a little butter and a few seconds above the coals should fix that. So it was on to the real thing. As soon as I bought the fatty outside, the dogs started arguing over who would get to eat it:

Art/dogs imitate life: the girl won.

But when all was said and done, they're back to being best friends:

The fatty went into my Weber OTS equipped with a faux smokenator. One of these days I will have to buy one, because that sucker works like a dream and I feel guilty for blatantly stealing the idea. 60 briquettes and some apple chunks mixed with pecan shells was the fuel for this fire. With all that grill space, it would be such a waste not to toss some ribs on there. So I did!

Three hours later, the fatty was removed:

The dough was flattened out and slathered with a mayonnaise and mustard mix:

And then the fatty was laid down and rolled up into the dough:

1 hour later, the dough wasn't rising like I wanted, so I opened up the vents, stoked the coal, and the temperature shot up to 325ish. Another hour later, and it's perfect:

Yummmmm!!

Old 10-28-2010, 09:29 PM   #70
bigabyte

Love it! It's like a Fatty Wellington!

Duh.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:13 AM   #71
SmokinAussie

Location: Gold Coast, Queensland! (Finally Escaped Melbourne)
Name/Nickname : Bill

I'd hit that... I would I would I would!
SmokinAussie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:25 AM   #72
Garyclaw
Babbling Farker

Meat in bread. I love it!

Big BarBChef built in to the Outdoor Kitchen, 2 Weber kettles, 1 UDS, Little Chief Electric, 2 Propane Fish Cookers/Turkey Fryers,
a swinging grate over my [COLOR=red]Fire pit,[/COLOR][COLOR=black] Big Pig Cooker, SJS, Big Easy Oil Less. Blackstone Pizza Oven[/COLOR]

"Nice talkin' to ya" :yo:
Garyclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:09 AM   #73
Garyclaw
Babbling Farker

Default Pecan Zucchini Bread With Brown Sugar/Pecan Glaze

Been wanting to make some Zucchini Bread with alot of it shreded in the freezer, so this TD was the perfect opportunity.
The ingredients:

In the pan with a brown sugar topping:

On the drum with CI skillet of smokey pecans:

Out of the drum:

Slathered with a glaze of butter, honey, brown sugar and chopped smoked Pecans:

Use this shot Chris. Thanks!

Big BarBChef built in to the Outdoor Kitchen, 2 Weber kettles, 1 UDS, Little Chief Electric, 2 Propane Fish Cookers/Turkey Fryers,
a swinging grate over my [COLOR=red]Fire pit,[/COLOR][COLOR=black] Big Pig Cooker, SJS, Big Easy Oil Less. Blackstone Pizza Oven[/COLOR]

"Nice talkin' to ya" :yo:
Garyclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:16 AM   #74
bigabyte

Wish i had a slice of that right now!

Duh.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:06 PM   #75
landarc

Wow, there is some great bread here. I am personally done with bread and starters.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
damper dawgs, no loaf pinching, Pinch a Loaf, pinch her buns, Throwdown, Throwdown Entry Thread