MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-02-2010, 10:16 AM   #1
maxwell7
Full Fledged Farker

Default brisket question

I've smoked brisky,butts etc. I'm wondering--is there any reason I can't put a brisket on my kettle rotiss. and smoke it , rather than just on the rack?I have an old Smoke 'n' cook cast iron kettle that has a rotiss.Just considering. Thanks Doug
maxwell7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2010, 01:04 PM   #2
Harbormaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Clark

Just saw someone doing that at the Royal. Caught a quick video clip of it online. He said it was a Hot and Fast brisket, so you may want to be sure you keep an eye on it.
Brinkman Cimmaron.
"For when democracy becomes tyranny, those of us with rifles still get to vote"
Harbormaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-02-2010, 01:12 PM   #3
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

I would think as long as you can make sure it stays whole on the rotisserie and you can control the heat this would work out fine. It would sure do away with fat cap up/down as a discussion in your cooking.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2010, 01:34 PM   #4
maxwell7
Full Fledged Farker

Thanks all. I stated the wrong name. It's an old Cook ' N' Kettle,but cast iron. My Dad got in the late 50's. You can see it at cooknkettle.com It does a wonderful job of smoking,grilling, or rotiss.I'd like to rig up some kind of water buffer between the meat and the fire.My old grate rusted out, and the replacements are big bucks for this retired old man. I'll give it a try I think!
maxwell7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2010, 03:13 PM   #5
milehigh
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Just saw someone doing that at the Royal. Caught a quick video clip of it online. He said it was a Hot and Fast brisket, so you may want to be sure you keep an eye on it.
I saw that too. I think it was Jonny Rotisserie who is a member here. As his name implies, he spins everything (i think?)

I say give it a shot. Just make sure you have got it secured.

Paul