Checking in

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

patmanruls

Wanted to check in as a new member. Was turned on to this site by a yankee friend named Chris. Born and raised in Texas, I have always loved BBQ. I got interested in the fine art of smoking during many trips to our deer lease with large groups of co-workers. I can say that I've seen dozens of ways to prepare and smoke briskets, and all were unique in flavor profile.

I bought a smoker with a firebox a few years ago and have smoked briskets, turkeys and hams, but only on special occasions. I now find myself wanting to get a lot deeper in the ways of a pitmaster and am glad I found this forum. I look forward to many hours of reading material, and finding out what has been both good and bad for you all..

I think I'm very curious about this UDS craze. I coach a select girls fastpitch team and we travel quite often. I certainly don't like the girls to eat the hotdogs and junk at the concession stands, and am not able to lug my pit around, so it seems this 55 gal barrel may be something I can put together tht won't break the bank, is easier to lug around, and will be able to produce some awesome carnage......

Here's to good grillin, time a chillin' and tall tails of the finer days of our youth...

Welcome patmanruls, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Welcome aboard patmanruls!

Welcome aboard patmanruls, enjoy what you learn and share what you know, it's what we do here.

Welcome Patmanruls from The Land of the Buckeye Nut :becky: This is great place to learn and if you having something to share ... Put it out there. There are several great UDS threads here to learn from, good luck with the build.

Welcome to our crazy little club house!

hey patmanruls - good luck with the girls softball team and the Q! Welcome to the crew

Welcome to the camp,
patmanruls.
Stroll around the grounds until you feel at home,
Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back