Just Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Campfire Girl

Hello all, This being my first post, I feel obligated to tell you that I don’t feel like I have been lurking around. Lurking just sounds sooo; well, I hope you know what I mean. But I have already learned not to carry lighter fluid, not that I ever did. And it did take me awhile to find out what matchlight is.

Well, what can I say, except for the fact that I feel like I know most of you already. Lurking does that.

I’ve been cooking for years, and just love BBQ. I started with the grill last year after my guy set the chicken on fire. Black is not that good when it tastes like charcoal. I think beer played a factor in this too.

I bought a book and decided to do it myself. I kind of take control sometimes. Books don’t answer questions so I looked on the web and just somehow landed here.

I’m a little shy but you all seem so nice that I decided to join in the fun. I just took the plunge and got a new toy, the big Smokey thing, all twenty two and one half inches of him.

I know I’m going to have some questions on how to use him, and by the way, do you all give your toys names? Let me know.

Campfire Girl, my friends call me CG.

Welcome from cajun country :clap2::clap2:

Blackened catfish is great, but not blackened chicken :laugh:

Well howdy from Memphis CG! As long as you understand we're all a little bit nuts you be a'ight.:becky: When I got my Weber kettle, I put up a thread asking for name suggestions, then did a vote thread to let the Brethren name her.

Greetings, CG. You mean you have hung around along enough to feel like you know most of us and you STILL joined??? Just kidding. This is a wonderful group of men and women. Glad you're here.

Welcome to the party CG from another Sisteren. This is a great bunch of folks and yes... many of us name our cookers....

CG, you could not have found a better place to land. Here you will surely discover BBQ nirvana.
And can I assume your 22.5" big smokey thingy is a WSM?

Welcome to the best clubhouse on the web!

Welcome Campfire Girl Nothing better than having another Sista!!! You will like it here and fire away the questions everybody here has an answer! Correct maybe.... Hint no cooking tips from Shane... But Wyatt there golden!

Welcome to a great place CG. You did the right thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back