The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 09-22-2010, 01:29 AM   #1
dbaldin
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default American Royal Live Webcast Link Information

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that the American Royal Barbecue will be live webcast for free, including the awards ceremony on Saturday and Sunday. You can find the link on the arbbq com site for details. Please tune in and thank you for watching.

Thank you,
WiredBBQ and
Icont It Solutions
dbaldin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-25-2010, 10:54 AM   #2
leanza
Babbling Farker

I cant wait.

Unread 09-25-2010, 08:36 PM   #3
Vince RnQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Excellent!
Vince RnQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-25-2010, 10:33 PM   #4
dbaldin

Glad to hear the enthusiasm! Check out my YouTube page for fun BBQ related videos while you wait. Search dbaldin, or wiredbbq.

Unread 09-25-2010, 10:39 PM   #5
leanza
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaldin View Post
Glad to hear the enthusiasm! Check out my YouTube page for fun BBQ related videos while you wait. Search dbaldin, or wiredbbq.

I figure there will be alot of folks who want to see a live stream. Thanks for setting it up.

Unread 09-26-2010, 01:14 AM   #6
dbaldin

Hope we do it justice. We plan to feature team interviews; the Barbecue Innovation Expo; Kids 'Que; the Royal Tour; and of course, the Awards.
We will post more specific times for each event soon (as we get them lined up), but for now the plan is to be live each day with loads of fun!

Thanks from:--->
Unread 09-26-2010, 07:33 AM   #7
Rich Parker
Babbling Farker

This is going to be great! Hopefully someone will do it for the Jack too.

Unread 09-26-2010, 06:20 PM   #8
Exe-que-tioner
On the road to being a farker

Checked out the web-cast link last week from the AR site and was able to see some sort of "preview". When I go there now it is a blank page. Just finished making all the cable connections to connect my laptop to the big screen. Is the web-cast just temporarily off until the big show? Don't want to miss anything!
[I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=darkred][/COLOR][/FONT][/I][COLOR=darkred][COLOR=darkgreen][COLOR=darkslateblue][COLOR=black][B][COLOR=sienna]*[I]"STOKER" POWERED BACKWOODS CLONE*[/I][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Exe-que-tioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-27-2010, 11:10 AM   #9
dbaldin

The promo is on the arbbq.com site, however there seems to be some issues with Firefox displaying it. If you saw it once though, you should be able to see it now. Or you can check it out at wiredbbq.com. I have Firefox and can't see it on the Royal site, but can see it on my wiredbbq site. Scroll down to the smaller window titled 31st American Royal BBQ Webcast. The promo will run until we go live at Noon Friday, October 1st. We plan to do about 5 hours Friday, 5 hours Saturday starting at Noon, with maybe a small break after the Kids' Que to save bandwith and batteries so we can stream the entire Invitational Awards. Then Sunday will be TBA until the Open Awards at 4pm.

Unread 09-27-2010, 12:17 PM   #10
Exe-que-tioner
On the road to being a farker

Saw it through the AR website on my computer at work (not running firefox). Running firefox at home, so this explains everything. I will try at home through the wiredbbq website. Thanks!
[I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=darkred][/COLOR][/FONT][/I][COLOR=darkred][COLOR=darkgreen][COLOR=darkslateblue][COLOR=black][B][COLOR=sienna]*[I]"STOKER" POWERED BACKWOODS CLONE*[/I][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Exe-que-tioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-27-2010, 09:29 PM   #11
Captain P.J.
Full Fledged Farker

Does anybody know if they are gonna be highlighting a few teams? Or are they going to be wandering around checking to see what everybody is doing?

Unread 09-27-2010, 11:55 PM   #12
dbaldin

We are going to highlight a few teams indeed. Obviously, we won't be able to visit every team, but we hope to get in what we can. We will cover teams from Noon to around 5pm on Friday, the 1st. Saturday will be reserved for AR events, such as the BBQ Innovation Expo, The Kids Que, the Royal Tour, and of course the Invitational Awards.
Depending on battery power and bandwith limitations, we may try to do more teams on Sunday, however, the main goal that day will be to show the Open Awards at 4pm. We may need to save some bandwith for that as we can only use up so much each day.

Thanks from:--->
Unread 09-30-2010, 05:58 PM   #13
Icon IT Solutions

Bandwidth is not an issue now thanks to our friends at Sprint and 4g coverage. Look forward to an excellent day and a good show!
Icon IT Solutions is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-30-2010, 09:38 PM   #14
leanza
Babbling Farker

Make it easy. Post an easy link that we can click on. Thanks

Unread 09-30-2010, 09:52 PM   #15
Icon IT Solutions