עָטִין
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 09-07-2004, 07:38 PM   #91
jminion
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

It can be over done by injecting to much into the product.
I don't make any money off of this but it does give a better chance of moist product time after time.
The flavor reminds of beef I remember having as a kid, I think it has that effect on judges also.
WSM
Primos
Klose
couple of Ranch kettles
jminion is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-07-2004, 08:32 PM   #92
markbet
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jminion
It can be over done by injecting to much into the product.
I don't make any money off of this but it does give a better chance of moist product time after time.
The flavor reminds of beef I remember having as a kid, I think it has that effect on judges also.
I made a 12lb brisket. The Fab-B mixture was 1 cup Fab-B to two cups of water.. I ended up using a little over half of the mixture. You mentioned moist, well when I cut into the brisket, juice squirted about a foot, and the flaver was fantastic. I will include this product that you recommended in all the meat that I prepare from now on. The boston butt turned out great also using Fab_P.

- Traeger Lil Tex Grill

-Used to have a Bandera stick burner. (been put out to pasture)
markbet is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-08-2004, 09:14 AM   #93
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 4

i used a 1-2 ratio of fab-b to water and 2 ounces per lb on the briskets. Alot of it leak and shot out too. I dont think it was over injected. The briskets were definately juicy, i just wasn't a fan of the flavor, and its probably the same flavor your talking about that you like(beef u had as a kid).... remember, i came from the boroughs of NY.... Beef to me as a kid was a burger or all beef hot dog.. the Fab B gave the brisket a real strong beefy flavor that was to potent for my taste buds. That "brisket expert" from the kosher deli loved it, so did the guests.. all commented on the flavor... so what I'm yappin about in my post is my personal preference.. and i was in the minority... Also the color was very dark compared to a regular brisket. I'm going to try again with a diluted solution. I bought 5lbs of the fab B and 1lb of fab P and fab C. Didnt try the chicken one yet, but the pork one was really good. We pulled it last night and it was defiantely better than usual. Very moist and i liked the flavor better. We were having that unsauced yesterday(and probably todays lunch). :)

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-08-2004, 10:51 AM   #94
jminion
is one Smokin' Farker

Phil
Quote:
That "brisket expert" from the kosher deli loved it, so did the guests.. all commented on the flavor
When competing it's not what you like but what most like, give yourself the best chance with the most judges. As you said you were in the minority.
WSM
Primos
Klose
couple of Ranch kettles
jminion is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-11-2005, 11:41 AM   #95
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

One of the better threads ever and deserves a bump.

For Super Bowl I rolled a 4 lb. loin out as described by Jim Minion and others. Gave it a light coating of Gordon's GrubRub. Chopped a small container of sliced mushrooms, minced 4 cloves of garlic, chopped 12 kalamata olives, 6 monstrous martini olives stuffed with habanero and soaked in vermouth, 8 oz. crumbled blue cheese, 4 oz. cumbled goat cheese, chopped 8 pepperoncini peppers after removing stems and seeds, minced one large shallot, 1 chopped serrano pepper stemmed and seeded. Spread the mixture and then rolled the loin back up and tied it with butchers twine. Rubbed the outside with more Grub Rub. Smoked at 225, and sprayed lightly with apple juice every 30-45 minutes. Best stuffed loin I've ever done.

A couple days later I sliced a 1/4" slice off, put some whole grain mustard on two slices of rye, added a thin slice of provolone, buttered the outside of the bread and browned it in a skillet. Did that again about 5 minutes later.... Foosavered the rest to see how it holds up in the freezer.

BOOGITY, BOOGITY, BOOGITY!!!

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-11-2005, 11:55 AM   #96
willkat98

Location: Chicago Western Burbs, but always south of Madison Ave.

Good one Jorge

I might try my first "rolled" loin for Presidents day.

And I gots just enough Gordon's Grub Rub left.

Thanks for the revival. I forgot about some of these

"Bitch..." - Jessie Pinkman

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven
willkat98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-11-2005, 12:04 PM   #97
brdbbq
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Thanks for the revival.
Nevermind

Unread 02-11-2005, 01:14 PM   #98
willkat98

Quote:
Originally Posted by brdbbq
Quote:
Thanks for the revival.
Nevermind
Testify!!

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven

Unread 02-13-2005, 12:34 PM   #99
jeffsasmokin
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by willkat98
Quote:
Originally Posted by brdbbq
Quote:
Thanks for the revival.
Nevermind
Testify!!
What a great thread...........and Jorge put some REAL effort into that dish.........Wow! You lucky bastidges........while you were doin' all that cooking, I was praying my farking roof didn't blow off into my neighbors yard during Hurricane Frances!!! In fact, my Labor Day Bash was scheduled for that day! Rescheduled for my birthday 3 weeks later............and wouldn't you know.............Hurricane Jeanne hits us!!!!!!!!!!!! Stuart, Fla. made the history books that month - the Eye's of both storms striking within 3 miles of each other in 3 weeks. That's when I said:"No party until Hurricane Season is OVER!" - Hence, the Holiday Bash I just had. Pretty scary stuff...........but I guess there's a price to pay for living in Paradise.

Thanks for letting me share...........didn't mean to hijack, but this thread gave me a flashback - BigTime!

Modified Bandera
Charmglow All Stainless Gas
CB 26 1/2" Kettle
ECB
Fabricated All-Wood Burn Barrel
BC Select Outdoor Fryer
jeffsasmokin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-13-2005, 12:55 PM   #100
willkat98

farking pork loin has been wrapped in Glad wrap, rubbed down with Blues Hog, for about 6 hours.

Steady downpour going on all day

Fark!

Looks like its going in the oven