Anybody used Kosmo's Pork Soak on a Butt?

colonel00

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I picked up two butts to smoke this weekend from RD yesterday so I have an "extra" to play with. I was thinking of maybe trying the sample of Kosmo's pork soak that I got with the brethren hookup (Thanks again Kosmo). Just looking for feedback to see if anybody has done this and if it would be worth it. Usually I just inject butts with an apple juice mixture but I thought maybe this might be something worth trying. So...

A. Is it worth trying to soak an 8lb butt and for how long?

B. What about using the soak sample as an injection? I guess it would be good to know the differences between Kosmo's soaks and injections.

I injected and soaked that last two butts I did overnight and they came out wonderful, juicy and really great flavor. i mixed it with water.

Make sure you warn your guests about MSG. If I have MSG I get an agitated feeling and have toruble sleeping.

Make sure you warn your guests about MSG. If I have MSG I get an agitated feeling and have toruble sleeping.

Pork Soak: WANT AMAZING PORK? Our Soaks will make the difference! Easy to use instructions with extraordinary results! (CONTAINS NO MSG)

Good advice though.

I've used the Kosmos on 2 butts now and have been very pleased with the results. In fact i just ordered some more of it today....... Good stuff!!! I definitely recommend it!
I used the 1/2 lb sample pack as well and soaked them for 2 days in a 2 gallon ziploc bag and then injected them with the soak liquid. One went in the UDS and the other went in the freezer. That one went in the UDS about a month later and both came out fantastic. Nice and juicy and full of flavor.

Sounds good. I only have the soak and not the injection so I wonder if I should just skip the injection this time and just use the soak? Or, dilute the soak a bit and inject it?

Back