City BBQ now open in Greenwood IN

rw02kr43

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Has anyone been there yet? I know it's a chain. A small chain, but there are a few of them. Is their stuff any good?

Jason

Have they been spreading out of Columbus?

I checked out the website and see they have Cincy locations, but I would swear there was no EastGate location when I lived there 12 years ago.

Is Dick's Boadaicious BBQ still in Indy? I think they had like 3 locations a few years back.

Sorry, I have not been to City, but I hope to try it the next time I'm in the Greenwood area (every year or two it seems)

city bbq

we went to the one in Greenwood on Saturday. It was packed. We walked in past the smokers and didn't see any smoke. That had me worried. My wife said it smelled like bbq, but no smoke. I couldn't agree or disagree since I have no sense of smell. We walked in and they gave me a sample of the pulled pork and brisket. The pork was great. I tried the brisket. It was tasty too. That was the first beef I have had willingly in about 16 years. We got the deluxe sampler and fried pickles. Everything was great. Except the chicken. It was chicken. Not good. not bad. Just chicken. But the pulled pork, ribs and brisket were great.

Jason

Have they been spreading out of Columbus?

I checked out the website and see they have Cincy locations, but I would swear there was no EastGate location when I lived there 12 years ago.

Is Dick's Boadaicious BBQ still in Indy? I think they had like 3 locations a few years back.

Sorry, I have not been to City, but I hope to try it the next time I'm in the Greenwood area (every year or two it seems)

They just put the Eastgate location in a little over a year ago. I think they put another one in the Cincinnati area in the past year as well.

Back