MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:23 PM   #1
bigred
Found some matches.

Default Help? Boston Butt and Brisket

I'm doing my first big cook this weekend. End of summer Bash for my church. Im cooking 30 lbs each of brisket and boston for about 100 people. I know the brisket, but the butt Im a little worried about. We are going to shred it, So how long do I cook it at per pound? I appreciate the help. If there are any of you brethren in the vicinity of Noblesville, IN let me know and Ill give you the address.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:27 PM   #2
HBMTN
is Blowin Smoke!

Depending on the size of the butts and temperature you are cooking but you can figure and 8lb butt to be around 11-12 hours @ 225 degrees

Old 09-08-2010, 09:31 PM   #3
BbqJohn
On the road to being a farker

I'm with HBMTN......
BbqJohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2010, 09:32 PM   #4
bigred
Found some matches.

I thank you. I've been toying in the back yard with a few things. Ribs and brisket....I'm good. Shoulder....not so much. Especially not with this much. I had to add a second grate into the smoker just to be able to accommodate this much meat.

Old 09-11-2010, 12:48 PM   #5
FltEng
On the road to being a farker

These days I'm more concerned with internal temperature; the reason is that if I need to cook them quicker I can jack up the heat of the smoker and get almost the same results as letting them go for 12-16 hours. Keep in mind if your going to pull the butts you are looking for 195-205 degrees internal temp (same for the brisket). Also I highly recommend wrapping your butts and brisket in foil and let rest in a dry cooler for at least an hour. Just my 2 cents.
FltEng is offline   Reply With Quote