ブタ
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Closed Thread
Unread 09-03-2010, 08:12 PM   #46
Tim H
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford View Post
Any Ohio team winning a GC in any state goes into the home team draw. So if an OH team was drawn from say MI then there's an Ohio team at the Jack and no State draw needed. Does that help.

Thanks Ford.

I am pretty sure (not 100%) that I was the only team that resided in Ohio that was in any State's barrel/draw - that is where my confusion lies. Assuming that I was the only Ohio team in the entire draw, I was of the mindset that I would be in even if I was not picked from the Ohio barrel/draw.

Unread 09-03-2010, 08:23 PM   #47
Smokesman
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim H View Post
I (TimothyT.) was the only Ohio team in the Ohio barrel, and the only Ohio team with a quailifying GC (i believe), yet did not receive an invite... confused
Quote:
I understand your response that each State should be represented with a qualifying GC champion from a contest in that state (but not necessarily a team that resided in that state).

Can you help me out.. here is my situation. My interpretation of the Draw guidelines was different though.

I was the only Ohio team that won 1 of the 3 qualifying contests in Ohio. The other two contests were won by Smoke n Ice (TX) and Mooswiners (KY). Smoke n Ice was pulled from the Ohio barrel. I do not think that there were any other Ohio teams (besides mine) that won a qualifying contest, and were therefore in any other State barrel?
The letter from the contest read... "If any team is the only Grand Champion from its home state and it has not been selected via a state draw, that team will be invited to represent its state...if there are numerous Grand Champions from any state and none of their names have been drawn, all Grand Champions from that state will go into a draw to determine who represents their home state" Again, I think I was the only Ohio team with a GC? My team was not drawn from the Ohio barrel, and I was not selected to represent my home state of Ohio... have I mis-interpreted how the draw works?

Unfortunately, it is not my interpretation of how the Draw works that matters though.
Quote:
Thanks Ford.

I am pretty sure (not 100%) that I was the only team that resided in Ohio that was in any State's barrel/draw - that is where my confusion lies. Assuming that I was the only Ohio team in the entire draw, I was of the mindset that I would be in even if I was not picked from the Ohio barrel/draw.
Unless I am totally missing the boat here...very possible...the home state reps have not been fully chosen. Also, Podge (3 bungs) posted on facebook that they were still awaiting the home state draws. Last year their were 5 home state draws and on the current 2010 list there is only 1.

Tim - I to believe you are correct and are the only GC winner from OH and by default get an invite. But don't quote me on that!!!
KCBS Certified BBQ Judge #54767
Weber Smokey Mountain 22 & Superior Smoker SS1

[B][COLOR="Red"]"To BBQ is human, for swine is divine!"[/COLOR][/B]

Unread 09-03-2010, 08:27 PM   #48
DawgPhan
is one Smokin' Farker

doesn't it seem odd that the biggest contest in bbq has the most confusing rules? or is that part of the charm...

Unread 09-03-2010, 08:55 PM   #49
matthew burt
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 1

We also are the only team from Nebraska that won any contests and we dont have a homestate draw either! really confused!

2 Stumps Platinum 5 (husker red)
Backwoods Professionall
custom mobile pit
Traeger Jr, WSM
new custom built insulated firebox offset

Unread 09-03-2010, 09:09 PM   #50
FamilyManBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwestBBQ View Post
I'm going to the Jack!
Michael, FYI Costco sells a bag of 240 red cups!!

Don't forget that camera....I want to see the pics!!

Enjoy the ride!

Everything I cook is judged by SIX!!

Daddy and Me BBQ Competition Cooking Team

Unread 09-04-2010, 12:59 AM   #51
KnucklHed BBQ
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 4

Congrats to Smokin Hot Grill Friends and Left Hand Smoke!!!! Gonna be awesome!

We shall throw our bacon wrapped all beef justice upon the wooden skewers of truth to be held on high and let them know that we will not stand for this. ~Butz

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Unread 09-04-2010, 07:21 AM   #52
HoDeDo
Babbling Farker

Getting the WildCard draw is definately fitting for us!!! Can't wait have a shot up on the hill, overlooking all that sweet blue. Congrats to everyone who got thier bung pulled!!!

Unread 09-04-2010, 07:47 AM   #53
brewerjamie15
Full Fledged Farker

I wish you all the best of luck. Lots of hard work was put into getting there so you all deserve it.

I need to learn more about the BBQ circuit and how it works. I'll start today in Milwaukee at the Brew City's Best BBQ. My plan is to learn by eating everything in site and maybe mumble a few questions later.
Anyhow- Good Luck to the Bretheren and a special shout out to ---WI Freeman Brothers BBQ--- Represent us well!

Unread 09-04-2010, 08:14 AM   #54
PimpSmoke
is one Smokin' Farker

Wow, Freeman Bros having a stellar year. Give em hell guys.
I heard the rip when you sat down.

Unread 09-04-2010, 08:16 AM   #55
MikeR
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 3

Congrats to all the Brethren teams that will be going to the "Jack". Now go get em.

GRIM REAPER SMOKERS - "BBQ To Die For"Under the "LENIENT" direction of Pit Master Tim.

22.5 OTG, 18.5 OTS, 18.5 WSM, Chargriller Duo with optional side fire box.
"Founders Club" Operation BBQ Relief.

Unread 09-04-2010, 08:16 AM   #56
Muzzlebrake
Babbling Farker

Congrats to everyone who, "got a letter this morning, baby all it read, you better get back to Tennessee Jed"

"What sort of people are these charcoal masters? They behaved badly and were unconcerned with appearances. Their hair was long and unkempt and their clothes were wrinkled and old. They drank beer to and from the crab house and they made rude noises while we cooked." Tao of Charcoal

Thanks from:--->
Unread 09-04-2010, 08:41 AM   #57
Meat@Slim's
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzzlebrake View Post

Very nice link Sean! You gonna be on Tennessee time this October?

Unread 09-04-2010, 09:18 AM   #58
Smokesman
Full Fledged Farker

Okay - need your help guys. Couple teams I'm still pulling for in the Jack draw one that looks like they should have an invite but isn't on the list. Does it take a few days before an official draw list is posted? Cannot find anything online that I would consider "official". Is the list Sled posted from his KCBS source only a partial yet still "official" list? Haven't even heard a peep from Slap Yo' Daddy on his blog or facebook about getting an automatic???
KCBS Certified BBQ Judge #54767
Weber Smokey Mountain 22 & Superior Smoker SS1

[B][COLOR="Red"]"To BBQ is human, for swine is divine!"[/COLOR][/B]

Unread 09-04-2010, 09:31 AM   #59
Ford
is Blowin Smoke!

the list is as official as it gets. When a team gets their letter notifying them they have been drawn then it's official for them. No letter means no invite.

ln the past a team has been added but not often. Invitations are made at the discretion of the Jack. There's no set rules just guidelines they follow.

Unread 09-04-2010, 10:29 AM   #60
getyourrubonbbq
Take a breath!

Congratulations to all selected!!!
[URL="http://www.extremebbqtrailers.com"]www.extremebbqtrailers.com[/URL]

Thanks from:--->
Closed Thread