拉猪肉
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ > For the Board

Notices

For the Board *On Topic Only* Strictly moderated. NO BAD KARMA! This forum is for questions and discussions you would like reviewed by members of the KCBS(or other BBQ orgs) Board of Directors. A clean and direct place where they do not have to wade thru day to day chatter.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:08 AM   #16
SmokeInDaEye
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchors Smokeshop View Post
Please get this out of your system before you sit down at the judges table this weekend at Tanger. We don't need an angry SIDE as a judge.
No worries. I'm a fair and balanced judge.
Gen II Komodo Kamado, Pit Barrel Cooker, 3x 18.5" WSMs, 22.5" WSM, modified 18.5" Weber Kettle, 22.5" Weber Kettle circa 1960ish, Weber One Touch Platinum, copper Weber Smokey Joe, La Caja China, Bubba Keg, Bodom Picnic Grill, Weber Genesis
SmokeInDaEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:42 AM   #17
Gowan
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeInDaEye View Post
Didn't even know the form existed!
Well, that's a problem right there. Assuming you are attending the cook's meetings, the critique form should be offered at every contest if it is not already included in the cook's packet.

Sounds like you may have some legitimate issues with a Rep up your way, but again, this sounds like a personnel issue, not a rules issue for KCBS.
Gowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:10 PM   #18
rookiedad
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivilWarBBQ View Post
sounds like a personnel issue, not a rules issue for KCBS.
why shouldn't it be a rules issue? clear access should be of prime importance when there is a designated turn area and a clock ticking down. i think the rep's job should be to inforce this and to make SURE that area is clear.
3 WSMs
22" Weber Kettle
Smokey Joe
rookiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:02 PM   #19
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookiedad View Post
why shouldn't it be a rules issue? clear access should be of prime importance when there is a designated turn area and a clock ticking down. i think the rep's job should be to inforce this and to make SURE that area is clear.
I wasn't there, so I'm passing no judgement on what did or didn't happen.

That being said, I don't see this being a issue to be solved by passing a rule. After the BoD or members of the Rep committee gather info a Rep advisory may be in order. Some action regarding the rep in question might be the solution. Maybe the evidence/info will dictate nothing should be done. This is not a rules issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOOGITY, BOOGITY, BOOGITY!!!

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 09-02-2010, 04:17 PM   #20
Smokedelic
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookiedad View Post
It's not a rules issue for a couple of reasons...1)There's no need for a rule to cover something that happens once in a blue moon...2)We have a board that, currently, cannot even agree on what day of the week it is. To even fathom that they would agree on a rule that pertains to Rep conduct at a contest, let alone where that particular Rep happens to be standing in relation to the turn-in area, is absolutely ludicrous.

There's a 9:59 window to get your stuff turned in, use it.

Fill out a critique, air your gripe, and move on.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:39 PM   #21
Skip
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokedelic View Post
It's not a rules issue for a couple of reasons...1)There's no need for a rule to cover something that happens once in a blue moon...2)We have a board that, currently, cannot even agree on what day of the week it is. To even fathom that they would agree on a rule that pertains to Rep conduct at a contest, let alone where that particular Rep happens to be standing in relation to the turn-in area, is absolutely ludicrous.

There's a 9:59 window to get your stuff turned in, use it.

Fill out a critique, air your gripe, and move on.
Yeah Clint. Just shut up and move along. We don't want to hear you gripe. Go tell someone else.

Swamp Pit BBQ's freeloader

To part or not to part: that is the question. Whether ‘tis nobler in the mind to part and suffer the slings and arrows of ostentatious brothers or to not part when faced with a sea of dissent, and by compromise end it? To part: to succeed. Forever more: and by succeed to say we win.

Yeah it looks good...but how does it smell?

Member of The Big Guns BBQ Team Semper Fumantem

"you're eating tree RAT, tree RAT, you're eating RAT!" -- landarc
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:58 PM   #22
SmokeInDaEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Yeah Clint. Just shut up and move along. We don't want to hear you gripe. Go tell someone else.
You da man, Skip. We all have such a great time cooking, it sucks when politics get pulled in. I would rather lose every single day against you, julie, sled, phil, and all of my other brethren friends than get a single call in ribs. I'm ready to punch my beetch arse rep in the gut the next time I see him and move on to bigger and better things!
Gen II Komodo Kamado, Pit Barrel Cooker, 3x 18.5" WSMs, 22.5" WSM, modified 18.5" Weber Kettle, 22.5" Weber Kettle circa 1960ish, Weber One Touch Platinum, copper Weber Smokey Joe, La Caja China, Bubba Keg, Bodom Picnic Grill, Weber Genesis
Old 09-07-2010, 10:31 AM   #23
tmcmaster
is One Chatty Farker

I don't see how this is even an issue? OF COURSE the BOD should address this. It directly impacted the outcome of a contest. I would advise SIDE to fill out the forms located: http://kcbs.us/critique.php and http://kcbs.us/critique3.php and attached and get the BoD to act. I believe this is a clear cut a reason for the Board's existence as any.
Attached Files
File Type: doc KCBSCommunicationwithBoard 080609.doc (291.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-07-2010, 10:38 AM   #24
Plowboy

I would have knocked the rep on his ass to get my box on the table. Something I learned in varsity football back in the day... you don't step around someone when you can step THROUGH them.

Todd Johns (me); Blue Springs, MO
Randy Hinck (PigBoy); Concordia, MO
Andy Groneman (Hodedo); KC, KS (Cameo Appearances)

FEC-500SS; FEC-100 (Right handed); FEC-100 (Left handed); Country Smoker Tailgater; Big Green Egg (2-large, small, mini); Cookshack Pellet Fired Charbroiler
Plowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:45 AM   #25
Jorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowboy View Post
I would have knocked the rep on his ass to get my box on the table. Something I learned in varsity football back in the day... you don't step around someone when you can step THROUGH them.
In your classes do you teach box runners how to tape up?

BOOGITY, BOOGITY, BOOGITY!!!

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:45 AM   #26
SmokeInDaEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmcmaster View Post
I don't see how this is even an issue? OF COURSE the BOD should address this. It directly impacted the outcome of a contest. I would advise SIDE to fill out the forms located: http://kcbs.us/critique.php and http://kcbs.us/critique3.php and attached and get the BoD to act. I believe this is a clear cut a reason for the Board's existence as any.
Thanks, I did.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:14 AM   #27
tmcmaster
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
In your classes do you teach box runners how to tape up?
Or to tape weaker kids' butt cheeks together?
Old 09-07-2010, 08:24 PM   #28
crd26a
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmcmaster View Post
Or to tape weaker kids' butt cheeks together?
I don't know, Todd looks like the hairy kid in gym class..........