The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 08-29-2010, 04:07 PM   #1
Porky Joes
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Curley Leaf Parsely Garnish

I will be competing for the first time next month. I think curly leaf parsley would be a good choice but am unsure how much to buy since there are two different dishes that I will be turning in.
Porky Joes is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-29-2010, 04:20 PM   #2
Mister Bob
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 2

I usually buy 10 to 12 bunches for 4 turn in boxes, depending on the quality of the parsley. I always have leftovers, but I like to make absolutely sure I have enough to select only healthy dark green leaves for the putting green.
Mister Bob, Pitmaster - Bob's Hogs. KCBS CBJ #31759 - IMBAS Certified MOINK Baller

http://TheHogBlog.com
Mister Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-29-2010, 04:22 PM   #3
smknwhlswife
is One Chatty Farker

If you want a "putting green" look, it will depend on the size of parsley bunches. For 4 boxes I want 15 bunches, unless they really big and good.

Smoke On Wheels www.smokeonwheels.com

Yoder Cookers YS-640 & YS-480 & YS-1320 / Coming Soon* YS Q-Kitchen with YS-1500, YS-640 & YS-Charcoal Grill/ $25 Hasty-bake Model 410 / Weber Kettles
smknwhlswife is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-30-2010, 11:39 AM   #4
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

I buy Organic parsley from my local grocer on Friday morning before a comp. Depending if we are doing side categories or not, I get 2 heads of green leaf lettuce and 9 bunches of parsley.
At the last comp I made 4 boxes and used less than 3 bunches of parsley! Its not everyday that I get overly excited about making putting greens, but if I could get parsley like that every time, I'd be stoked! I make mine ahead of time and transfer when we get boxes at the cooks meeting.
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-30-2010, 11:50 AM   #5
RobKC
is one Smokin' Farker

We get a bag of parsley from RD and 2-3 heads of romaine. Not sure how many bunches are in the bag, but it's way more than enough.

Unread 08-30-2010, 06:32 PM   #6
Porky Joes
Full Fledged Farker

Do you have any advice on how to set the boxes up?
Porky Joes is offline   Reply With Quote