oink
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners(temp offline)
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:35 AM   #1
bluetang
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default Replacement Thermo Probes

Do any of you know where to get just the replacement probes for the Taylor, Polder etc type digital thermometers- cheap? Found some for 15.00, but here the complete set goes out for that @ BBB. Got a bunch of bodies with no working probes.
Homegrown 120 Gallon Reverse Flow, Homey, the Homegrown frier, 1UDS, 3 Stack Pro Q Excel 20, 18.5" Elderly(but not retired) WSM, 150lb Capacity Homegrown Electric, Weber gasserrrr,Weber Performer, Gravity feed smoker, Bicycle Fast Polder Thermo, Indisputably Fastest Purple Thermapen, SAI Satay Grill

bluetang is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2010, 09:35 AM   #2
SmokeJumper
is One Chatty Farker

I'm in the same boat. I always end up picking one up cheaper ones here and there on Ebay but can't keep up with my BGEs appetite for probes. I've even bought a whole used thermometer w/probes when it is cheaper than the probe itself. Maybe we should arrange a group buy..

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-31-2010, 01:04 PM   #3
SQWIB
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetang View Post
Do any of you know where to get just the replacement probes for the Taylor, Polder etc type digital thermometers- cheap? Found some for 15.00, but here the complete set goes out for that @ BBB. Got a bunch of bodies with no working probes.

$5 bucks per probe now includes shipping and handling,will need to send check/money order, as they don't take credit cards.

Taylor Precision Products
2220 Entrada del Sol Suite A
Las Cruces, NM 88001
Telephone - 800-289-0944
Fax - 575-526-4347

ATTN. LINDA

Send Check or Money Order to "Taylor Precision Products" with note saying "Probe replacement". Also, include product number:

The 1470NRP is used with the newer model 1470 that uses two batteries.

The 1470RP is used with the older model 1470 that uses a single battery.

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-31-2010, 01:59 PM   #4
bluetang
somebody shut me the fark up.

Cool, thanks for that
Homegrown 120 Gallon Reverse Flow, Homey, the Homegrown frier, 1UDS, 3 Stack Pro Q Excel 20, 18.5" Elderly(but not retired) WSM, 150lb Capacity Homegrown Electric, Weber gasserrrr,Weber Performer, Gravity feed smoker, Bicycle Fast Polder Thermo, Indisputably Fastest Purple Thermapen, SAI Satay Grill

bluetang is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 08-31-2010, 02:20 PM   #5
Fishawn
is one Smokin' Farker

Thermoworks has them for $8 and you can order online & they take VISA. They worked in a different brand base unit I tried them in, I think it was a Taylor.... Their customer service is really good, might try them?