What do you like about your outdoor cooker

chaddie

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I'm curious about all of the brethrens means of outdoor cooking and what you are cooking-smoking on and why you like it! I'll begin.. I like my smokey joe because it's a good one person grill. Next post will be why I like my UDS.

I like my wsm 'cause it was portable to stuff in the trunk and take to the family reunion, 'cause I can sleep through the biggest part of a butt or brisket cook, and 'cause it's just easy.

Just cant disapoint ya. My UDS smells so good it's just crazy! I've cooked over 60 butts this year. But I hate to say it it's time for a good brushing out.

So yea the smell's would be it!

I love my ECB because it's portable and easy to use . I love my NB Bandera because it makes building a fire and cooking lots of great food fun.

Just cant disapoint ya. My UDS smells so good it's just crazy! I've cooked over 60 butts this year. But I hate to say it it's time for a good brushing out.

So yea the smell's would be it!

I like my uds because it makes fast bbq.
However, houseflies must like it for it's smell. That fat in the fire smoke attracts 'em by the scores!

I like my Char-griller 'cause feeding it sticks and smoking meat is my idea of "playin' with fire."

I like my uds because it makes fast bbq.
However, houseflies must like it for it's smell. That fat in the fire smoke attracts 'em by the scores!

My last two cooks I had the same problem:confused::confused:.

Paul B
SS UDS

My last two cooks I had the same problem:confused::confused:.

Paul B
SS UDS

No reason to :confused:. I don't get 'em with the wsm or the char-griller. Maybe some toward the end of the cook, but NOTHING like with the drum.

I love all of my smokers because I Love to cook period...Wish I could be more specific, but that aint happening LOl

Which one? :-D

Weber Kettle(s) - Versatile. I can smoke, roast and grill. With the right setup I can have direct and indirect cooking zones at the same time.

WSM(s) - Great for long cooks, easy on fuel.

Big Green Egg(s) - Versatile. I can smoke, roast, bake, grill and sear at lava temps. Also holds temp in almost any weather. Amazing temperature control. Very easy on fuel.

The Good One (now Ace of Hearts) - Good temperature control, OK on fuel. Huge capacity.

FEC-100 - Great smoker that can also roast or bake if I need it two. Great temperature control, insulated so it just cooks, no matter what the weather. Very easy on fuel.

Memphis Pro - Versatile. I can smoke, bake, roast or grill (up to 650 degrees). Amazing temp control and temp distribution. Double wall construction helps in all kinds of weather. Dual fans maintains close temp control and creates a convection oven effect.

I'm sure that I left something off...

Love all my toys 7 UDS love the way each of them cooks,NB Black Diamond small stickburner is always fun if not drinking too much and the rig is like a girly flck on steroids...

Weber Kettle(s) - Versatile. I can smoke, roast and grill. With the right setup I can have direct and indirect cooking zones at the same time.

Yep, what Ron said....'bout both my Weber OT kettles.

I like all the smoker I build and learning how to cook on each one, They all have a different personality.

Lang 48 - reverse flow stickburner, 1/4" steel everywhere, built like a tank, very stable and easy to control temps.
Bubba (K)egg - BGE knock-off with same versatility as a BGE, tailgate transport feature, more durable than a BGE (steel vs. ceramic), and affordable.

hmmm....she's easy and she's greasy and she sure knows how to please me when I want some...y'all know I'm talkin' bout my cooker, right?

I like all my grills and smokers because they enable me to cook the best fricken' food that I can get within a 75 mile driving radius of my house. The food is not cooked in fat, it's delicious, and it gives me a reason to get outside after sitting in front of a computer all day writing transition plans and business case analyses for global portals and messaging systems.

Plus cooking BBQ in a UDS that I made myself is a lot of fun. My friends can't get over the fact that the best BBQ they ever had is cooked in a 55 gallon barrel.

Lang 48 - reverse flow stickburner, 1/4" steel everywhere, built like a tank, very stable and easy to control temps.
Bubba (K)egg - BGE knock-off with same versatility as a BGE, tailgate transport feature, more durable than a BGE (steel vs. ceramic), and affordable.

Amen, bro!

Back